Operations – Finance /
Full Time- Exempt
Lambda School is on a mission to pioneer a new model of accessible higher education with no upfront costs and where the school invests in the students instead of the other way around. We are rethinking learning so that we can address the needs of both students and employers in tandem. We’re a progressive alternative to traditional college and fast track bootcamps. Lambda is an intensive program and an immersive live, online curriculum that teaches people the hard and soft skills they need to launch a new tech career. We offer both full time and part time courses to our students.
Lambda has successfully completed funding rounds with premier tier venture investors and we have students in almost every State across the United States. We’re looking for passionate, talented people who want to change the way the world thinks about higher education and unlock human potential, regardless of circumstance.
If that sounds exciting to you, let’s talk. Our success depends on building teams who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we don’t just accept differences – we celebrate them. Lambda School welcomes a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups and non-traditional backgrounds who can appreciate the diverse student communities that we serve and are looking to grow into. This includes women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, individuals who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
As a Repayment Adviser, you will be responsible for ensuring world-class service to applicants, students, and alumni throughout their journey with Lambda School in regards to their Income Share Agreement (ISA) and their financial responsibility to Lambda. The Adviser will work closely alongside multiple departments across the company, from Admissions to Outcomes, as well as our external partners, to ensure that we are addressing the needs and concerns of our students consistently and efficiently.
This will be a student-facing role where you will be interacting with our students and alumni on a daily basis. Your priority will be aimed at establishing and maintaining an outstanding relationship with our students along their journey with Lambda, from the application process, to graduation, and beyond. Attention to detail is a must, and your communication and execution skills will be pushed to their full potential.
This role will require the ability to manage administrative tasks, like verifying information and documentation, researching, replying to student emails, and updating student ISA records. This job is well suited for people who are analytical, organized, and have good interpersonal skills. If you are passionate about taking care of people, and enjoy being the “go-to” person for issues to be resolved, this may be the right opportunity for you.
What you'll do:
- Connect with applicants, students, and alumni primarily via Slack, email and chat, to answer ISA (income share agreement) questions, provide guidance, and ensure student satisfaction and community long-term.
- Proactively reach out to Lambda School alumni to understand and clarify data discrepancies present in our data.
- Work closely with our Alumni to ensure they are accurately reporting income and employment information.
- Listen to our students, to gather the necessary information, to answer their questions/concerns.
- Determine if and when necessary to involve another team in order to help resolve the issue or need.
- Clearly communicate and collaborate with other staff members, teams, and external partners, to ensure cross-functional alignment; working together towards the best possible outcome for the school and our students.
- Respond to incoming questions via email and chat in a timely manner.
- Handle and resolve student complaints/inquiries and escalations.
- Work directly with our third party servicers to improve ISA operations.
- Provide seamless transitions, and handoffs as needed, for students working with other staff to provide service and resolutions.
- Assist external partners with student deferments and hardship requests.
- Develop and maintain a level of understanding about each team within Lambda, as well as what each team handles, in order to better understand who best to assist with a student’s questions and concerns.
What you'll need:
- 3+ years of experience in Customer Service or Administrative Support.
- Experience working with, and basic knowledge of, consumer financial products.
- Experience working with and achieving metric goals (SLA’s).
- Experience using online platforms: Salesforce, Notion, Gmail, G Suite, Slack, etc. is a plus.
- Experience working with ambiguity, ideally in a startup environment.
- Strong attention to detail, with a burning desire to get things exactly right.
- Willingness to respond rapidly to change based on feedback, knowing that what is true today in the product, the school, etc. might not be true tomorrow.
- Must demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- A positive attitude, with the ability to thrive under pressure, and against deadlines.
- A proactive work ethic. As this is a remote role, it will require strong time management skills and self-management; anticipating what needs to be done, planning, and actioning on tasks as needed, while also knowing when to reach out for collaboration.
- The ability to handle escalated situations from our students, with world-class support, while delivering accurate and timely information.
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, veteran or military status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Lambda School is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. Please let us know if you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability.