Evening Computer Science Instructor - Remote Contract Position
Learning – Web Development
Lambda School is a combination of a school and an investment fund. Lambda School's mission is to find untapped or underutilized talent, and to train that talent for the most in-demand jobs in the world. Lambda School is pioneering a new model of higher education in which the school invests in the students, instead of the other way around.
Lambda has just successfully completed its Series B fund raising round with premier tier venture investors. We are operating in 40+ states across the US today and eyeing international expansion opportunities.
This is a highly visible, student-facing role on the Instruction team, reporting directly to the Computer Science Program Director. As the Evening Computer Science Instructor, you’ll be responsible for delivering the curriculum to students, tracking student progress, and preparing students for the job market.
You must be comfortable suggesting and implementing new ideas that improve the quality and integrity of the school. You understand that there are always new opportunities for improvement and ways to elevate our standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate activities such as lectures, live-coding demonstrations, and Q&A sessions with students 3-4 times a week in our part-time, evening course; class hours M-Th 6-9pm PST; Sat.9am-12pm PST (~12 hours/week)
- Deliver Computer Science course curriculum that produces job market ready graduates
- Report on student progress and success throughout the course
- Coordinate efforts with the course project managers (PMs) to ensure PMs understand the nuances of the course and reporting mechanisms so the PMs can effectively support students’ learning
- Collaborate with other Computer Science instructors, student success team, and labs team as needed
Education, Skills, and Experience
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in the Computer Science industry
- Experience in teaching
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable and compelling in public speaking situations
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals
- Self-starting with the ability to effectively work autonomously with little oversight
- Intelligent, dedicated, flexible with a willingness to experiment
Big plus, if you....
- are familiar with Zoom, Slack, and Airtable
- have a interest in keeping up with the latest in Computer Science/Web Development technology
- have prior start up experience
The position is a contract position.
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer, and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.