Business Operations Analyst / Associate
San Francisco Bay Area
Finance – Finance
Lambda School is a combination of a school and an investment fund. Lambda School's mission is to find untapped or underutilized talent, and to train that talent for the most in-demand jobs in the world. Lambda School is pioneering a new model of higher education in which the school invests in the students, instead of the other way around.
Lambda has just successfully completed its Series B fund raising round with premier tier venture investors. We are operating in 40+ states across the US today and eyeing international expansion opportunities.
We’re looking for a driven and well-rounded Business Operations professional to join our Finance team at Lambda School to help us build and enhance our operational strategy, drive cross-functional outcomes across our organization, and deliver key insights to leadership. In this role you will join a growing team that is responsible for the financial health and well-being of a dynamic, rapidly growing business. You will have the ability to make sizable and immediate impact, but also build the foundation for a new kind of company.
This is no ordinary finance team and no ordinary company: we aim to upend the traditional model of the way people are trained for the professional workforce. With the Income Sharing Agreement (ISA) financing model, we have unlocked the potential for people to seek a better life without the worry of student debt. We invest in our students to create a truly aligned education model where our student’s success is directly tied to our company’s success. This role will undoubtedly help to shape a new industry, and we are looking for the right candidate ready to make an impact.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure our students have a seamless financial experience on their journey with Lambda School by building excellent processes that scale
- Partner with data, growth, learning and engineering teams to drive efficiency and accuracy, both in Finance team objectives as well as in cooperation with broader operations efforts across the organization
- Enhance the organization’s metrics, reporting and business intelligence to highlight key insights for smart and scaled growth
- Support the many verticals that touch a Finance team including treasury, compliance, financial and BOD reporting, people operations, and data
A successful candidate will:
- Bring energy, inquisitiveness, creativity, kindness, analytical thinking, problem solving, and a relentlessness to their work
- Prioritize many ongoing projects, stay organized, and communicate well with team members
- Have a strong willingness to dive deep into the processes of the company, identify areas of improvement, implement efficiencies/automate manual efforts
- Thrive in fast-paced environments and be unafraid to take on challenges
- Be student obsessed and always a student
- 2+ years of experience in a role that requires strategic thinking, data-centric decision making, continuous operational improvement, and/or a focus on controls. Financial or business operations, public accounting, financial analysis, and management consulting roles are all likely great fits.
- Experience with database/SQL/BI tools, Salesforce, Excel, Powerpoint/Keynote, accounting systems, or other related applications is a plus.
This position is based out of our San Francisco office.
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer, and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.