Sales Development Representative
Greater Salt Lake City Area
Growth – Sales
Lambda School is a combination of a school and an investment fund. Lambda School's mission is to find untapped or underutilized talent, and to train that talent for the most in-demand jobs in the world. Lambda School is pioneering a new model of higher education in which the school invests in the students, instead of the other way around.
Lambda has just successfully completed its Series B fund raising round with premier tier venture investors. We are operating in 40+ states across the US today and eyeing international expansion opportunities.
As a Sales Development Representative at Lambda School, you'll play an integral role expanding the Outcomes' Community team and cultivating hiring relationships with thousands of companies. The day to day work of this role is instrumental in helping Lambda graduates secure life changing job opportunities. This role requires a high degree of autonomy and the flexibility to wear many hats. You'll have exposure to the entire company, and as the team grows there will be opportunities to take on leadership roles within the Community team
You will be responsible for identifying, establishing contact, and qualifying new opportunities for your account executive counterparts. You will manage outbound outreach efforts via email, LinkedIn, phone, and other mediums (we welcome experimentation) to potential hiring partners. The SDR will need to be able to articulate Lambda School’s unique mission and value proposition and our students strengths.
The Sales Development Representative is an outward facing role on the Outcomes' Community team, reporting directly to the Director of Community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Send 50-100 quality outreach communications to prospects daily
- Make 30+ quality outbound phone calls each day
- Source new leads through internet research and social media monitoring/messaging, using tools such as LinkedIn Navigator
- Manage prospecting status, data integrity, and forecasting in Salesforce.com
- Achieve, and exceeding, weekly/monthly metrics (meetings, qualified leads, new contacts, etc.)
- Respond to inbound customer interest and develop these accounts to create opportunities
- Assist with projects as needed, including but not limited to marketing efforts, student presentations, and creating effective sales materials
Education, Skills, and Experience:
- 1+ year experience as a SDR or similar role
- You are inspired by Lambda’s mission and are interested in advocating for students
- You have a bias for action, take ownership, and deliver results consistently
- You welcome challenges, set ambitious goals, and have a disciplined approach to accomplishing them
- You are self-motivated and persistent with a go-getter attitude
- You strive for self improvement and view feedback and coaching as a way to continually grow
- You’re comfortable in a fast-paced, high energy environment
- You are creative and willing to approach problems in new ways
- You feel confident using programs like SalesForce, Outreach, and LinkedIn. If you haven’t used them, that’s ok! You have had to learn new programs before and have a knack for picking them up quickly
- Excellent and persuasive written and verbal communication skills; comfortable and compelling in public speaking situation
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals
- Strong time management skills - you can prioritize effectively, and you have the discipline to avoid multi-tasking so you can focus your efforts on the most important priorities
- Intelligent, dedicated, flexible with a willingness to experiment
Bonus if you...
- have a technical background or at least are familiar with the software development process
- have a passion for education
- have a non-traditional story. Many of our students have beaten a unique path to their new jobs. We like team members who have done the same.
- have a strong social following
- are familiar with Zoom, Slack, and Airtable
- have prior start up experience
The position is a full-time, salaried role with medical benefits. We're looking to find the right candidate and look to make an offer in early 2019.
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer, and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.