Career and Professional Development - Program Director
Instruction – Career and Professional Development
Lambda School is an online, immersive program striving to make entry into the tech industry more accessible by investing in human potential. We have incredible backers including Y Combinator, Google Ventures, Stripe, Paul Buchheit (the creator of Gmail), Joe Montana of Liquid2, and Ashton Kutcher + Guy Oseary from Sound Ventures and have been featured in notable publications like FastCompany, Fortune, Inc, and Venture Beat.
As the Program Director of Career and Professional Development at Lambda School, you’ll take the lead on three programs at Lambda School:
Principles for Success. 30 master classes, delivered once per week, designed to help students succeed in life and in the workplace. High level topics include professionalism, communication, personal networking, diversity, lifestyle design, personal finance, and working with others.
Job Search Workshops. Direct training to help students source opportunities, apply for jobs, nail interviews, and negotiate offers. The Program Director will continue to develop and deliver the trainings.
Brown Bags. Plan, recruit presenters, and facilitate brown bag presentations around once per week. These can be targeted for individual classes, schoolwide, or include alumni.
Each of these three programs will play an integral role in training our students beyond industry-specific technical skills, and will be part of what makes Lambda School the premier destination for accelerating a new career in technology.
The Program Director of Career and Professional Development is a student facing role on the Instruction team, reporting directly to the Chief Product Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and recruit subject matter experts for approximately 30 master classes for Principles for Success
- Maintain and iterate on the lessons over time
- Design and deliver career workshop trainings to job seeking students
- Work with the Outcomes team to identify pain points in the job search and develop targeted intervention and training
- Identify growth opportunities, develop relationships, and cultivate partnerships with world experts in different areas of career and professional success
- Develop and execute a playbook that results in all students being prepared to find a job within 90 days of graduation across multiple programs (web development, mobile development, user experience design, project management, and more)
- Collaborate with Growth and Outcomes teams to leverage strategic partnerships
Education, Skills, and Experience
- 3+ years experience in instructional design, curriculum development, information product development, or similar role
- Experience in training on Career and Professional Development in a variety of fields or industries
- Experience working at a startup
- You are inspired by Lambda’s mission and are interested in advocating for students
- You have a bias for action, take ownership, and deliver results consistently
- You welcome challenges, set ambitious goals, and have a disciplined approach to accomplishing them
- You are creative and willing to approach problems in new ways
- Excellent and persuasive written and verbal communication skills; comfortable and compelling in public speaking situations
Big plus, if you....
- have a technical background or at least are familiar with the software development process
- have a passion for education
- have a non-traditional story. Many of our students have beaten a unique path to their new jobs. We like team members who have done the same
- have a strong social following
- are familiar with Zoom, Slack, and Airtable
The position is a full-time, salaried role with medical benefits.
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer, and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.