Head of Finance/Senior Business Manager
San Francisco Bay Area
Finance – Finance
Lambda School is a combination of a school and an investment fund. Lambda School's mission is to find untapped or underutilized talent, and to train that talent for the most in-demand jobs in the world. Lambda School is pioneering a new model of higher education in which the school invests in the students, instead of the other way around.
Lambda has just successfully completed its Series B fund raising round with premier tier venture investors. We are operating in 40+ states across the US today and eyeing international expansion opportunities.
We are looking to add a business-minded Head of Finance who can work closely with the founder/CEO and the rest of the team to help manage the next several years of very fast paced growth. Candidates must be located in the SF Bay Area or willing to relocate.
Key aspects of the role will include:
- Helping to shape investment strategies
- Developing and refining key aspects of the business model, including identification of key metrics and unit cost models
- Developing and managing forecasting tools to enable effective resource allocation and cash management
- Oversight of risk management functions
- Negotiations with finance partners
- Future fund raising
- Implementation of appropriate operating controls for a very high growth, emerging business
- Oversight of legal functions
The successful candidate will likely be:
- A dynamic leader who is excited about the combination of distance-learning and innovative funding mechanisms and the disruptive growth that can result.
- Able to work closely with a founding team to establish strategies and investment models to help determine where to move fast and where to be cautious.
- A strong negotiator with finance partners and vendors
- Intellectually agile while being a clear leader with solid ethical business practices.
- At least 8 – 10 + years of experience managing in high growth environments with demonstrated ability to scale
This is a full time, salaried position located in San Francisco.
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer, and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.