Lifecyle Marketing Manager, Community
San Francisco Bay Area
Growth – Marketing
Lambda School is a combination of a school and an investment fund. Lambda School's mission is to find untapped or underutilized talent, and to train that talent for the most in-demand jobs in the world. Lambda School is pioneering a new model of higher education in which the school invests in the students, instead of the other way around.
Lambda has just successfully completed its Series B fund raising round with premier tier venture investors. We are operating in 40+ states across the US today and eyeing international expansion opportunities.
We're looking for someone to join the marketing team at Lambda School to run community and events, a new function at a revolutionary new education company.
The Lambda Student Community - a thriving group of students, TAs and Alumni - is seeking a new marketing lead who is a strong storyteller and people connector who can build on a powerful user base to drive a new level of community engagement. In this role you’ll be instrumental in mapping out the investments, technologies, and key activities needed to help us grow our community while maintaining engagement with current members.
You will be focused on engaging and growing our community through in-person and digital user groups, online engagement and helping to build out a student feedback group of experts.
What you'll do:
- Define the core strategy for all our community marketing including key work streams, KPI’s and tradeoffs required
- Execute against that strategy to make sure every piece of the community is functioning at its best and built to sustain positive engagement
- Engage with Lambda students to understand their needs to and to stay connected to their experience both with the Lambda School product and wider community
- Build programs to engage a new generation of users across a wider set of business and technology functions
- Ability to present, write and create content, both internally and externally, to represent the mission of our community
What you'll need
- 4+ years experience in the community lifecycle marketing space
- Excellent written, oral, and social interpersonal skills across multiple audiences and methods.
- A proven track record collaborating across the organization to drive results.
- Adept at navigating uncertainty and complexity whilst delivering a strong finished product.
- Strategic experience leveraging events and ambasadors to deepen the engagement level with customers
Big plus if you...
- Live/work in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Experience selecting, managing and maintaining technology/business systems including community management, web analytics, marketing automating and performance management tools
- Have a passion for education
- Have previous experience at a growth stage internet/software company
- Have a non-traditional story. Many of our students have beaten a unique path to their new jobs. We like team members who have done the same.
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer, and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.