Finance – Finance
Lambda School is an online, immersive program striving to make entry into the tech industry more accessible by investing in human potential. We have incredible backers including Y Combinator, Google Ventures, Stripe, Paul Buchheit (the creator of Gmail), Joe Montana of Liquid2, and Ashton Kutcher + Guy Oseary from Sound Ventures and have been featured in notable publications like FastCompany, Fortune, Inc, and Venture Beat.
Lambda School is growing quickly and as our first Staff Accountant you’ll be on the team that makes sure all the trains run on time. You’ll work with and report to the VP of Finance.
We were one of the 1st educators in the United States to use Income Share Agreements (ISAs) to fund our students’ education. You’ll be on the frontline seeing how that works behind the scenes. And you’ll get to work with our ISA partners. You’ll also get to interact directly with our students.
One of Lambda School’s values is Organize Chaos, and the finance function is at the heart of that. We work in a fast environment and need someone who is flexible while also maintaining order. The objective of the finance function at Lambda School is to serve the organization and our students.
While we're looking for someone who can roll up their sleeves and do some lower level "dirty work", we'd love to find someone to whom we can also trust to run the entire financial reporting process. We'll give you as much responsibility as you can take on.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in preparation of the financial statements
- Own A/R, including: invoicing & collections
- Own A/P, including: invoice payments, sending wires
- Own payroll, including on boarding new employees & contractors
- Manage our Perpetual Access Fund, including cash disbursement, recording, and cash collection
- Work with students to ensure ISAs are signed on time
- Help partners on ad-hoc collection efforts for ISAs
- Work with partners to maintain accurate records on our students
- Manage state compliance
- Assist employees as needed on foreign visas
- Improve and maintain internal student CRM
- Assist in partner management, including updating partners on data requests as needed
- Manage our ISA reporting process
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3+ years of accounting or bookkeeping experience
- Excellent Excel skills
- Self-starting with the ability to effectively work autonomously with little oversight
Big plus if you….
- Have experience with Quickbooks
- Have experience in public accounting
- Have experience with Gusto
- Have prior remote work experience
The position is a full-time, salaried role with medical benefits. The position is remote.
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer, and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.