San Francisco Bay Area
Growth – Data and Analytics
Lambda School is a combination of a school and an investment fund. Lambda School's mission is to find untapped or underutilized talent, and to train that talent for the most in-demand jobs in the world. Lambda School is pioneering a new model of higher education in which the school invests in the students, instead of the other way around.
Lambda has just successfully completed its Series B fund raising round with premier tier venture investors. We are operating in 40+ states across the US today and eyeing international expansion opportunities.
Generate actionable insights, execute at speed
We’re looking for someone to join our Analytics team at Lambda School!
Our business analyst will be responsible for executing project-oriented efforts across Lambda’s cross-functional teams (including Marketing, Product Management, Engineering, Design, Creative, and senior executives) to drive core business and financial decision making.
Who you are:
The Analytics team helps Lambda School be more effective and efficient, and transform how we bring a world-class education to students.
You’ll be a high-performing analyst with the ability to analyze business information and translate data into action-items. You’re comfortable in the worlds of pricing, finance and strategic decision making. You’ll support the development of new organizational systems with data-driven insights and strategies — specifically: you’ll have your hand on the organization’s pulse. We’ll look to you to tell us how the business is doing when it comes to retention, revenue, broader trends, and so on.
What you’ll do:
- Analyze data to understand Lambda School’s performance on a variety of scoresheets.
- Create easily digestible, customizable data visualizations and reports.
- Drive overarching business strategy from a data perspective
- Set and drive the metrics various team’s performance will be based off of.
What you’ll need:
- 4+ years technical data, business consulting or finance work experience.
- Advanced Excel, SQL and modeling experience.
- Experience with business, financial and predictive modeling frameworks
- Familiarity with data visualization tools
- Proven track record of being able to work independently and proactively engage with business stakeholders with minimal direction. There are mentorship opportunities in this role, but we won’t hold your hand.
Big plus if you...
- Live/work in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Have a passion for education
- Have a non-traditional story. Many of our students have beaten a unique path to their new jobs. We like team members who have done the same
The position is a full-time, salaried role with medical benefits.
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer, and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.