Senior Full Stack Software Engineer, SRM
Engineering – Engineering /
Full Time- Exempt
Lambda School is on a mission to pioneer a new model of accessible higher education with no upfront costs and where the school invests in the students instead of the other way around. We are rethinking learning so that we can address the needs of both students and employers in tandem. We’re a progressive alternative to traditional college and fast track bootcamps. Lambda is an intensive program and an immersive live, online curriculum that teaches people the hard and soft skills they need to launch a new tech career. We offer both full time and part time courses to our students.
Lambda has successfully completed funding rounds with premier tier venture investors and we have students in almost every State across the United States. We’re looking for passionate, talented people who want to change the way the world thinks about higher education and unlock human potential, regardless of circumstance.
If that sounds exciting to you, let’s talk. Our success depends on building teams who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we don’t just accept differences – we celebrate them. Lambda School welcomes a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups and non-traditional backgrounds who can appreciate the diverse student communities that we serve and are looking to grow into. This includes women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, individuals who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
The SRM (Students Relationship Management) Engineering team at Lambda School supports various flows and automation of students journey and the staff members from the time the students are enrolled at Lambda School to the time they have found their dream jobs. The tech stack includes Node.js and related technologies (React, Next,TypeScript etc.). We're building systems based on Event Driven Architecture and simplifying the complex user flows with cohesive experience. If that sounds exciting to you, let's talk.
What You Will Do:
- Write test-driven code for the frontend and backend
- Design, implement, test and maintain system components: UI, application, data, infrastructure, analytics, and deployment
- Design and build systems with automated instrumentation and monitoring
- Design and Implement RESTful APIs
- Consistently improve maintainability and stability of the codebase
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
- Mentor junior engineers
What You Will Need:
- 5+ Years of experience as a software engineer including 2+ years of leading the projects
- Experience with agile, test-driven development, continuous integration, and automated testing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starting with the ability to effectively work autonomously with little oversight
- Experience with Java, Go or any other backend language
- Experience with at least one scripting language such as Python
- Experience with at least one frontend language such as Node.js, Angular.js or React.js
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, veteran or military status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Lambda School is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. Please let us know if you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability.