Engineering Team Leader - Remote Position
Learning – Lambda X
Lambda School is a combination of a school and an investment fund. Lambda School's mission is to find untapped or underutilized talent, and to train that talent for the most in-demand jobs in the world. Lambda School is pioneering a new model of higher education in which the school invests in the students, instead of the other way around.
Lambda has just successfully completed its Series B fund raising round with premier tier venture investors. We are operating in 40+ states across the US today and eyeing international expansion opportunities.
This is a highly visible, student-facing role on the Instruction team, reporting directly to the Lambda Labs Development Program Manager.
As the Engineering Team Leader, you’ll be responsible for assisting 8-12 teams of students (5-8 developers) to architect, build, and deploy real software products. Your core role will be to help set and create an exciting and engaging products development environment.
Your responsibilities will include frequent check-ins with teams and working with project managers and section leads to assure consistent progress and impressive project outcomes. The goal of Labs is to prepare students for real world experience in a development career.
Additionally, you’ll be expected to actively contribute to and improve upon the existing curriculum for the Labs portion of the students learning. This includes lessons on topics like: weekly planning, git workflow, technical planning, working with others, project scoping, quality assurance and bug testing, pair programming, and more.
You must be comfortable suggesting and implementing new ideas that improve the quality and integrity of the school. You understand that there are always new opportunities for improvement and ways to elevate our standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Guide and train teams to create impressive and successful software products for their portfolios.
- Attend check-in meetings with teams to give feedback and guidance regularly.
- Collaborate with other Labs Team Leaders, other program instructors, student success associates and leadership to help create an exciting and engaging culture for students.
- Build, implement, deliver, and continue to improve upon Labs Experience course curriculum that produces job market ready graduates
- Report on student progress and success throughout the Labs experience
- Coordinate efforts with the course section leads (SL) and project managers (PMs) to ensure PMs understand the nuances of project development and reporting mechanisms so the PMs can effectively support students’ development outcomes
- Accountable for project completion rates
- Accountable for student culture scores
Education, Skills, and Experience
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in the industry
- Experience in engineering management or team development training/instruction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable and compelling in public speaking situations
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals
- Self-starting with the ability to effectively work autonomously with little oversightIntelligent, dedicated, flexible with a willingness to experiment
Big plus, if you...
- Have worked in an engineering organization with 1000+ engineers
- Have experience with test driven development and testing by QA engineering teams
- are familiar with Zoom, Slack, and Airtable
- Have an interest in keeping up with the latest in Web Development technology
- Have previous experience at a growth stage internet/software company
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer, and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.