San Francisco Bay Area
Executive – Office of the CEO
Lambda School is a combination of a school and an investment fund. Lambda School's mission is to find untapped or underutilized talent, and to train that talent for the most in-demand jobs in the world. Lambda School is pioneering a new model of higher education in which the school invests in the students, instead of the other way around.
Lambda has just successfully completed its Series B fund raising round with premier tier venture investors. We are operating in 40+ states across the US today and eyeing international expansion opportunities.
We're seeking a General Manager who will be responsible for the growth and success of Lambda School across our line of business. This is one of the most challenging and rewarding roles at Lambda, requiring a diverse set of operational, analytical, marketing, community building, and leadership abilities. You’ll manage operational teams dedicated to delivering a seamless experience to both students and hiring partners and be an influencer of central Lambda teams and resources to help deliver on goals and build for scale. If you are up to the task, able to think on your feet, manage through ambiguity/adversity of a quickly shifting and growing industry, and manage and develop high performing teams - all while delivering results, we want to speak with you!
Candidates must reside in and be authorized to work in the United States or Canada.
What You'll Do
- Deliver world-class operations within your business unit, managing all aspects of operations including business strategy, expansion, revenue and operational efficiency
- Own growth of the business, driving execution to boost student and employer engagement and revenue in a dynamic, highly competitive space
- Build and develop strong relationships with senior cross-functional leaders (e.g. marketing, communications, data, business development) and help define the goals and objectives of these teams at the business level
- Identify and communicate business product needs to product/engineering teams and playbook and share best practices internally to build for scale across the organization
- Remove blockers, solve problems, and find a path forward through ambiguity, operating a dynamic and rapidly growing business
- Recruit and build a rockstar ops team; You will be defining hiring needs and leading the hiring process while managing a growing team
- Create a fun, safe, collaborative, and high energy work culture while developing the next generation of leaders at Lambda School
What You'll Need
- 10+ years of operations management, business consulting, or related experience managing operations, building and developing diverse teams, optimizing processes, and delivering business goals
- 5+ years of people management experience, high EQ, and proven ability to deliver outstanding results through others in a timely manner using a strong sense of focus, organization, and meticulous attention to detail
- Goal focused with a strong bias toward action
- Entrepreneurial hustle and proven self-starter with owner’s mentality; some entrepreneurial experience is preferred
- Data-driven mindset, strong business judgment, and proven ability to perform analysis, draw key insights, and form and execute a strategy
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships, manage a team, influence stakeholders, and inspire others
- Excellent organization and time management
- Willingness to get your hands dirty, lead by example, and motivate teams both through in person and remote management
- Passion for Lambda School, its role improving people’s lives through education, and an interest in rethinking career development
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer, and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.