Associate Instructor, Data Science
Learning – Instruction /
Full Time- Exempt
Lambda School is on a mission to pioneer a new model of accessible higher education with no upfront costs and where the school invests in the students instead of the other way around. We are rethinking learning so that we can address the needs of both students and employers in tandem. We’re a progressive alternative to traditional college and fast track bootcamps. Lambda is an intensive program and an immersive live, online curriculum that teaches people the hard and soft skills they need to launch a new tech career. We offer both full time and part time courses to our students.
Lambda has successfully completed funding rounds with premier tier venture investors and we have students in almost every State across the United States. We’re looking for passionate, talented people who want to change the way the world thinks about higher education and unlock human potential, regardless of circumstance.
If that sounds exciting to you, let’s talk. Our success depends on building teams who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we don’t just accept differences – we celebrate them. Lambda School welcomes a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups and non-traditional backgrounds who can appreciate the diverse student communities that we serve and are looking to grow into. This includes women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, individuals who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
Lambda School is hiring Associate Instructors to join our Learning Team. These are pivotal new positions in our organization that will be integral to our students’ success as they embark on a life-changing journey. As an Associate Instructor, you will not only be responsible for delivering curriculum, you will also coach and mentor students as they prepare to enter the job market and start their new career.
As a potential candidate, you are a teacher at your core. You are driven by the desire to see a student succeed and want to play an integral role in that success. You love technology and understand that the curriculum taught at Lambda School is helping to create the technologists of the future. You won't be developing code more than teaching it but, you do like to keep up with and use the latest applications or technologies on the market. As a teacher you are creative and have lots of ideas to keep students engaged as you teach, especially in a remote environment.
This is a full time role with the option to support our student full-time track or part-time evening track.
What you'll do:
- Deliver curriculum to students, track student progress and prepare students for the job market
- Teach topics including Statistics, Linear Algebra, Predictive Modeling, Data Engineering, SQL and Databases, Natural Language Processing, and Deep Learning/Neural Networks (you will be assigned topics based on your experience)
- Actively contribute to and improve upon the existing curriculum in conjunction with the curriculum development team
- Teach multiple guided projects throughout the day
- Lead regular question and answer sessions around the curriculum
- Under direction of the Lead Instructor; build implement, deliver, and continue to improve upon track curriculum to produce job market ready graduates
- Keep Lead Instructors up to date by providing details of status and student performance for the portion of curriculum you are responsible for
- Work closely with students and mentors to monitor overall student participation and performance
- Work closely with student leadership and student success teams to ensure our students are getting the support they need to succeed
- Coordinate cross functionally across multiple school and company teams to contribute to the goals and initiatives of the track in partnership with the learning leadership team
What you'll need:
- If your highest education is High School Diploma or GED, you are required to have 5+ years of working experience in the learning track’s industry
- If your highest education is a College Degree (proof required), you are required to have 3+ years of working experience in the learning track’s industry
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in the industry
- Experience in teaching and/or curriculum design ideally in a remote environment and in a technical or technical related field
- Experience working with a diverse group of individuals
- Experience using technology (systems, applications etc)
- Strong communication skills; comfortable and compelling in public speaking situations
- Experience working autonomously and with little oversight
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, veteran or military status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Lambda School is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. Please let us know if you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability.