VP of Growth
San Francisco Bay Area
Growth – Marketing
Lambda School is an online, immersive program striving to make entry into the tech industry more accessible by investing in human potential. We have incredible backers including Y Combinator, Google Ventures, Stripe, Paul Buchheit (the creator of Gmail), Joe Montana of Liquid2, and Ashton Kutcher + Guy Oseary from Sound Ventures and have been featured in notable publications like FastCompany, Fortune, Inc, and Venture Beat.
This is an executive role responsible for the entirety of Lambda School’s growth strategies. We’ll be looking to you to define user acquisition initiatives for each of Lambda School’s course offering, determine the growth channels we should pursue, and optimize or refine current methods. Additionally, you’ll build and lead the team tasked with executing your vision. Experience across multiple channels is necessary. You must be comfortable determining which combination of strategy and tactics is best deployed for a variety of scenarios. You should be comfortable with hands-on optimization as well as managing optimization teams down the road.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and lead a Growth Marketing team to cover cross-channel media, marketing analytics, website optimization, lifecycle marketing, and any growth and distribution partnerships.
- Together with our product team, build an efficient marketing automation infrastructure and the tools to scale growth marketing needs
- Increase Lambda School’s brand awareness
- Optimize the admissions process to increase the number of applicants that complete interviews, and become students at Lambda School
Education, Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience in a growth/marketing role
- Experience leading a team
- Takes growth initiatives from concept to implementation
- Experience across multiple growth channels: SEO, paid acquisition, content marketing, affiliate, referral, etc.
- Task oriented and diligent about following up
- Great people skills -- sales experience preferred
The position is a full-time, salaried role with medical benefits. We aim to find the right candidate and are looking to hire swiftly.
This position is in-house (Bay Area, CA), but can be remote for the right person.
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer, and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.