Product UI/UX Designer - Lambda Labs Student Development Team
Learning – Lambda X
Lambda School is a combination of a school and an investment fund. Lambda School's mission is to find untapped or underutilized talent, and to train that talent for the most in-demand jobs in the world. Lambda School is pioneering a new model of higher education in which the school invests in the students, instead of the other way around.
Lambda has just successfully completed its Series B fund raising round with premier tier venture investors. We are operating in 40+ states across the US today and eyeing international expansion opportunities.
As a product designer in Labs you will be working with a product manager, student developers and internal stakeholders to craft a product vision that will be built by new junior developers fresh out of the Lambda curriculum and into an apprenticeship environment.
You’ll be working with 2 main objectives:
1. Deliver meaningful product concepts to students that allow them to create impressive capstone projects.
2. Help and support product leadership craft a product vision for the Lambda product suite.
The most revolutionary part of the process will be the sheer volume of engineers that will be building the product concepts you craft alongside a product partner and product leadership.
We need the right mix of leadership and vision to craft not just the current projects, but to scale the product concepts for thousands of developers. There will be a significant amount of products needing to be scoped and delivered.
You must be self-starting with the ability to effectively work autonomously with little oversight.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with product and engineers to research student, hiring manager, and stakeholder pains and problems.
- Identify high-value opportunities to create impressive capstone project concepts for students.
- Create wireframes and prototypes to help communicate design concepts
- Review design implementations by student development teams and provide feedback
- Create final high fidelity designs
- Work with the engineering team to implement designs and deploy applications
- Iterate on existing applications to improve the user experience
- Design assets for videos, marketing material, and social media posts
- Design icons, layouts, buttons, and all other required assets for applications
Experience, Education, and Skills
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a professional UX/UI Designer
- Have worked on a product development team as a partner with a product manager
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starting with the ability to effectively work autonomously with little oversight
- Portfolio demonstrating strong user experience design process as well as visual design skills
- Expertise with industry tools, such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, etc
Big plus, if you...
- Live/work in the Salt Lake City area
- Have a passion for education
- Have worked in an engineering organization with 1000+ engineers
- Are familiar with Zoom, Slack, and Airtable
- Have an interest in keeping up with the latest in Web Development technology
- Have familiarity with A/B testing tools or processes
- Have previous experience at a growth stage internet/software company
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer, and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.