San Francisco Bay Area
Growth – Data and Analytics
Lambda School is a combination of a school and an investment fund. Lambda School's mission is to find untapped or underutilized talent, and to train that talent for the most in-demand jobs in the world. Lambda School is pioneering a new model of higher education in which the school invests in the students, instead of the other way around.
Lambda has just successfully completed its Series B fund raising round with premier tier venture investors. We are operating in 40+ states across the US today and eyeing international expansion opportunities.
Thrive at the intersection of data, product, and engineering.
We’re looking for someone to join our Analytics team at Lambda School!
This is a unique opportunity for a “full stack” growth analyst: a talented individual with the right mix of analytic instincts, technical curiosity and the ability to think strategically. This role will present you with the opportunity to make considerable contributions to our company's growth.
Who you are:
We need someone who has the technical skills to develop deeply-researched and compelling reports, and the initiative to get results based on their findings. You are the type of person who does A/B in their sleep and loves testing and analyzing based on the results. You also have a knack for contextualizing those results and leading the organization towards what to do next. Data drives your decision making; Not the other way around.
In this role, you’ll partner with the executive, marketing, outcomes, and product teams to drive key decisions around how to grow our student base, increase engagement, improve student placement with top tier employers and help to launch new, high-impact initiatives.
What You'll Do
- Conduct regular and ad-hoc analyses for tactical daily operations, as well as for broader initiatives and key strategies.
- Be hyper-focused on the student funnel from sourcing to job placement, and have a lot of ideas how we can make it better.
- Maintain regular marketing reports, analyzing the efficiency of different campaigns, promotions, channels, and so on.
- Be the master of A/B testing, helping to not only build out tests, but drive the process necessary to scale our ability to test at scale.
- Communicate insights and recommendations to the broader team.
What You'll Need
- 4+ years technical data work experience.
- Advanced Excel, SQL and modeling experience.
- Experience with marketing and channel analytics, including bidding frameworks and LTV modeling.
- Familiarity with data visualization tools such as Tableu or Looker
- Proven track record of being able to work independently and proactively engage with business stakeholders with minimal direction. There are mentorship opportunities in this role, but we won’t hold your hand.
Big Plus if You...
- Live/work in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Have a B.S. in economics, applied math, statistics, physics, engineering or other quantitative fields
- Have a passion for education
- Have a non-traditional story. Many of our students have beaten a unique path to their new jobs. We like team members who have done the same
- Are familiar with Zoom, Slack, and Airtable
The position is a full-time, salaried role with medical benefits.
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer, and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.