Senior Manager, Program Design & Implementation
School Operations – School Operations /
Full Time- Exempt
Lambda School is on a mission to pioneer a new model of accessible higher education with no upfront costs and where the school invests in the students instead of the other way around. We are rethinking learning so that we can address the needs of both students and employers in tandem. We’re a progressive alternative to traditional college and fast track bootcamps. Lambda is an intensive program and an immersive live, online curriculum that teaches people the hard and soft skills they need to launch a new tech career. We offer both full time and part time courses to our students.
Lambda has successfully completed funding rounds with premier tier venture investors and we have students in almost every State across the United States. We’re looking for passionate, talented people who want to change the way the world thinks about higher education and unlock human potential, regardless of circumstance.
If that sounds exciting to you, let’s talk. Our success depends on building teams who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we don’t just accept differences – we celebrate them. Lambda School welcomes a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups and non-traditional backgrounds who can appreciate the diverse student communities that we serve and are looking to grow into. This includes women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, individuals who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
Lambda School is looking to hire a Senior Manager, Program Design & Implementation to join our team. This role will lead key initiatives across a broad range of topics to ensure that our School is optimized to deliver successful student outcomes. The position will report to our Head of School Operations.
As a potential candidate you will thrive on bringing order to chaos and working in complex, matrixed organizations. You are a problem solver and a long term thinker and can build strategies that scale. You are an exceptional leader and have the ability to influence across all levels of an organization. You are a master at wrangling people and ensuring that everyone is moving in the right direction, in unison and towards the successful completion of a project. You love data and use it to drive decisions. You are passionate about our mission at Lambda School and understand the outsized and life changing impact that your work will have on supporting their success.
What you'll do:
- Lead strategic initiatives on a wide variety of topics to meaningfully advance Lambda School’s efficiency and effectiveness
- Build business cases for new initiatives and set the vision for what we can achieve
- Scope, plan, and execute high-value work product, translating ambiguous strategic questions into tactical roadmaps for design and delivery
- Lead large cross-functional teams to ensure high quality and efficient execution on strategic initiatives within a complex environment
- Serve as a key leader in developing the systems, processes, and tools that will allow Lambda School to ensure high-quality execution on strategic initiatives in the future.
What you'll have:
- 7+ years of leadership experience in roles that require executing major initiatives or projects in a complex organization (such as management consulting, program management, and/or product management)
- 5+ years of team leadership experience, with proven ability to work through both direct and dotted line relationships to deliver outstanding results.
- Track record of excellence in scoping, designing, and executing strategic initiatives from the envisioning stage through implementation, involving numerous stakeholders across levels and functions
- Analytical, project design, project management, and problem-solving experience
- Proven experience navigating complex organizations, systems, and processes to deliver high-quality results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to use data to present a clear and compelling narrative to multiple audiences and stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills; experience using data to drive decision-making
- Experience being able to navigate a fast-paced, sometimes chaotic environment that requires flexibility and a startup mindset
- Passion for Lambda School’s mission
Lead strategic initiatives on a wide variety of topics to meaningfully advance Lambda School’s efficiency and effectiveness.Build business cases for new initiatives and set the vision for what we can achieve.Scope, plan, and execute high-value work product, translating ambiguous strategic questions into tactical roadmaps for design and delivery.Lead large cross-functional teams to ensure high quality and efficient execution on strategic initiatives within a complex environment. Serve as a key leader in developing the systems, processes, and tools that will allow Lambda School to ensure high-quality execution on strategic initiatives in the future.
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, veteran or military status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Lambda School is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. Please let us know if you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability.