SENIOR ACCOUNTING & TAX MANAGER
Finance & Legal – Finance & GA /
About the Challenge
We are seeking an experienced Senior Accounting and Tax Manager to support and maintain the financial stability of our rapid growing business. You will work directly with our Head of Finance, you will be responsible for financial reporting, budgeting/forecasting, audit and control, asset and liability reconciliation. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including financial reporting, tax and accounting support, as well as supporting compliance.
Our mission is to provide any Indonesian the most trustworthy and reliable way to buy a property. We do this by using technology to empower 10,000+ real estate agents and 100's property developers by connecting them to millions of prospective buyers previously beyond their reach.
What a day at work for you will look like:
- You will analyze the effect of statutory accounting practices and studies regulations and guidance to ensure the correct application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- You will create weekly and monthly internal accounting reports, with detailed commentary around commercial implications
- You will be responsible for the accuracy in the general ledger and financial statements and has ultimate authority over classification and booking of all transactions
- You will make recommendations for changes as needed and ensure that company policies and procedures are followed and establishes the proper techniques to discover and prevent errors/fraud
- You will ensure all accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis
- You will monitor all taxes that apply, ensuring that taxes are current, collected and/or accrued
- You will manage the accurately and timely complete or review and submit income tax returns, related payments, and monthly tax accounting entries across different entities within the Lamudi Group.
- You will manage the calculations of tax provisions and preparation of tax notes for purposes of reporting in the Annual Financial Statements
- You will review the accounting and tax treatment applied to business operations, to ensure that the correct tax treatment is applied
- You will review the tax processes and controls within the business in order to minimize tax risk and to assess where the control environment can be improved
- You will prepare tax opinions, objections, appeals on any income tax-related matter as may be necessary
- You will assist with tax due diligence assignments on an ad-hoc basis
Is this you?
- Ambitious, mature, and self-driven: Leads by example, brings the fire to work every single day, and able to face problems
- Strong analytical skills: Able to identify trends in data, spot inaccuracies, and analyze company finance reports
- Tools savvy: Proven knowledge of database software and accounting program
- Strong integrity: Proven experience in keeping companies’ confidential financial data and able to keep it confidential. An organized person who can ensure that tasks are completed on time and files can be found easily
- Minimum 7+ years work experience in an accounting firm, start-up or in the industry
- Experience in a high-growth working environment is a plus
- A thorough knowledge and experiences of corporation tax related issues
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal/communication skills
- Positive ‘can-do’ attitude and approach with strong team working/collaboration
- Willingness to take ownership and work in a 'hands on' environment
- Ability to work under pressure, multi task and meet deadlines
Our selection procedure in a nutshell
The position reports to the Head of Finance. During the interview process, you will meet him/her, as well as a few business stakeholders and Management Team members.
If you want to become a part of our highly motivated, international team, please click on the 'Apply Now' button to send us your application! We are looking forward to hearing from you!