Regional Financial Planning and Analyst Manager
Central Team /
Finance & Legal – Finance, Legal, and HR /
EMPG Group owns and operates bespoke classifieds portals in emerging markets, primarily in the
MENA, South Asia and Southeast Asia regions. The group’s flagship ventures are Bayut.com in the
UAE, Saudi Arabia and Jordan, Zameen in Pakistan, Bproperty.com in Bangladesh, Mubawab in
Morocco and Tunisia, Kaidee in Thailand and Lamudi in Indonesia, Philippines and Mexico.
We disrupt traditional processes in emerging markets by introducing solutions that make the
classifieds experience faster, easier, and simpler. Our competitive advantage comes from the
tremendous value we add to the businesses that work with our portals, and the significant ease we
provide to end users.
At EMPG, we are not interested in maintaining the status quo. Our portals in emerging markets
completely redefine the way business is done there, and we are especially tuned into the unique
requirements of these markets because we are borne of one.
The Regional Finance team is a function recently set up to support the recent SE Asian acquisitions of EMPG encompassing businesses in Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Bangladesh and Mexico.
Reporting to the Regional CFO (SE Asia) based in Bangkok, the Regional FP&A Manager will:
Work in close coordination with the Regional Financial Controller in Bangkok to coordinate and advise local country Finance Controllers to ensure efficient finance processes throughout the SE Asian region.
Work closely with local Lamudi FP&A teams along with Business Teams (Sales, Marketing, Operations), to produce analysis which will help to increase efficiency and profitability, through financial data analysis and KPI drivers.
Lead and deliver a budget / forecast driven accountable culture in the organization by bringing a focus towards detailed planning, risk and opportunity analysis and process improvement.
Main responsibilities include:
- Oversight of all Lamudi Business Units (BUs) in Indonesia, Philippines and Mexico
- In detail review and interrogation of monthly management reports, forecasts and cashflows of Business
- Produce annual budgets, regular forecasts during planning cycles
- Develop in depth knowledge and report on underlying performances of business units by engaging and partnering with business teams to understand financial drivers and KPIs
- Develop and deliver reports to be shared with wider business teams using data visualization
- Engage and coordinate with local FP&A personnel to ensure uniform FP&A reporting.
- Design efficient sales and revenue related processes (Sales, Revenue, AR, Deferred Revenue)
- Work closely with the Business Unit heads to build their annual budgets and forecasts
- Utilize BI tools to delivery meaningful insights into business performance. Deep diving into data sets, cleansing and mining to make sense of unstructured information
- Review existing processes and procedures to develop recommendations for future performance improvement, addressing business problems and developing efficient yet risk averse solutions.
- Communicate results and recommendations to the wider business teams with implementation plans that can be tracked and monitored
- Lead transformational programs and initiatives across the business
- Coordinate and drive improvements through BI analysts within each business unit
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree and a Professional Qualification in Accounting
- Minimum of 12 years of relevant working experience in Financial Analysis and/or preparing full set of accounts. Big 4 audit background preferred but not essential
- Proficient with Excel (advanced), familiar with BI tools, SQL and large data sets
- Self starter with analytical mindset and commercial acumen showing experience of, or inclination for, process improvements
- Willingness to travel within the SEA region, as and when required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a positive work attitude and high level of integrity
- Ability to lead and develop strong internal relationships across the Group with all key stakeholders
We offer significant learning and growth opportunities in a fast-scaling, successful internet business.
We work with experienced and highly entrepreneurial colleagues who's focus shall be to help you grow.
We provide a very attractive work environment in the heart of Makati's business area
We are proud of our highly dynamic, young, motivated, and international team with flat hierarchies.
If you want to become a part of our highly motivated, successfully thriving, international team, send us your application! We look forward to hearing from you!