Denver Metro or San Francisco Bay Area /
Customer Experience /
We’re on a mission to uphold all the people who uphold all of us, which is why we help essential professionals, starting with educators, build financial security in or near the communities they serve. We do this by investing alongside them when they are ready to buy a home. We call this model shared equity down payment support. We achieve this by showing up with humility, prioritizing the human in every interaction, owning our growth (and helping others do the same), and finding what’s fair for all parties involved, even when it's the hardest thing to do. Here's how it works. The company, founded in 2015 and based in San Francisco, has the financial backing and supported by great organizations like the DRK Foundation, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Initialized Capital, Y Combinator, top banking executives, former directors of federal housing authorities, affordable housing policy experts, union organizers, philanthropists, and Stanford economists. Recent news coverage about Landed can be found here. Hear what our customers have to say.
About the role
As Landed grows, we’re looking to bring on our first in-house designer to collaborate with our growing engineering team. We’re looking for someone to jump right into our packed product roadmap with a UX and UI lens. That being said, we’re a small team so we’re also hoping to find someone who is willing to flex into portions of the project management side of product development. This will include everything from scoping tickets and outlining requirements, doing QA for design and non-design related feature tickets, giving engineers real-time feedback, conducting testing with user groups, and supporting roll-out of new features and products. We’re looking for a team-player with strong design-sense who is also excited about helping drive portions of the product process. This individual will sit on the Landed Home Team and will work closely with our Engineering team. As the first design-hire at Landed, you will have an opportunity to shape long-term strategy and short-term tactics as it relates to the product-eng-design collaboration at Landed.
As a Product Designer, you will:
- Drive magical products from ideation to production
- Conduct user research to better understand user needs & translate those user insights into creative and delightful solutions
- Design consumer products and internal tools from rough sketches to high-fidelity prototypes
- Write clear tickets, conduct thorough testing on those tickets, and provide actionable feedback on tickets so that our engineers can bring your vision into reality
- Collaboratively support the roll-out of new features and products
You will bring these strengths to the role:
- Strong design-sense. You have a passion for turning complex problems into simple and engaging experiences. You can flex between running with loose concepts and broad strokes, or narrowly defined and tightly scoped deliverables. You have the tools to design sketches, wireframes, or prototypes, depending on the project.
- User-first orientation. Your gut instinct is to always put yourself in the shoes of the user. You’re excited collecting feedback, conducting usability tests, and using metrics to inform design decisions.
- Organized team-player. You are excited about being on a small team and wearing multiple hats, including project management, QA & testing, and supporting new product roll-outs. You’re willing to jump into whatever’s needed.
You’re an ideal candidate if:
- You have 2+ years of experience with UX or UI design
- You enjoy collaborating cross-functionally and are comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- You have the ability to manage ambiguity, prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and drive projects
- You are a self-starter and team-player who is willing to lead, learn, fail and follow in equal measure
- You have a willingness to be flexible & adaptive to a growing team’s needs over time
- You have a strong desire to have a positive impact and an intention to work at a mission-driven company
- You are familiar with back-end and front-end development technologies and communicate effectively with engineers
- Located in Denver or San Francisco
Nice to have:
- Have experience designing consumer-facing financial products
- Experience working with a high growth startup
Here are some more specifics:
- $75,000 - $120,000 salary, geography + experience dependent
- Competitive equity
- Full medical (HMO and PPO options), dental, and vision coverage
- 20 days of PTO + 10 holidays