Senior SDE - Machine Learning
Landing AI – Engineering
AI is the new electricity and just as electricity transformed numerous industries starting 100 years ago, AI is now poised to do the same. In Landing AI we are creating a world-class team with the goal of accelerating these transformations and capture the full promise of return behind successful AI strategies.
As a software engineer in machine learning you will be responsible for developing and delivering quality machine learning models for our clients in the manufacturing space. You will analyze data, debug model related issues and help the client achieve their goals. You will have the opportunity to work with a great team and bring A.I. into a industry that has not fully captured the potential A.I.
Here’s what you will do:
- Design and train machine learning models. You will work with our engineers and other machine learning engineers to develop our internal A.I. models for our manufacturing clients. You will apply fundamental machine learning concepts to quickly iterate and debug model related issues and develop new techniques to handle unique cases with each client.
- Collect, process and analyze data. A big part of our machine learning projects is understanding and analyzing the data. It is very important that we work closely with our clients to understand their issues. You must build pipelines and processes for cleaning and organizing data as well as build tools to help analyze data. You must also understand what types of data models are struggling with and use this analysis to propose solutions.
- Debug and analyze models. As an A.I. startup we pride ourselves on being able to iterate quickly with our clients. You will be responsible for analyzing model performance and failure points and proposing/implementing solutions for each of those points. You must be able to investigate and debug these issues quickly.
- Be part of a world class A.I. team. At Landing AI you will be part of a fast paced and learning driven team. We are constantly striving to learn new things and develop ourselves. You will have the opportunity to learn many new skills and develop existing skills and you will also be expected to help others develop or improve their existing skills. You must be a team player and be open to feedback and also be willing to give feedback to help improve other members of the team.
Here’s the background we’d like you to have:
- +6 years experience.
- Proficient computer science foundation including data structures, algorithms and design patternsProficiency in Python or C/C++ demonstrated by implementing multiple medium to large scale project
- Proven ability to implement and debug machine learning models in either a project or work settingGood communication skills.
- Ability to have in depth technical discussions with team and business people
- Experience training and/or deploying machine learning algorithms in industry(Bonus) Research experience in machine learning or artificial intelligence related field.
To be successful at Landing AI, you will have to fit well with our Landing AI Principles. Please take time to read and understand them as they define who we are and what we look for in our candidates.
This is a full-time position based in Medellin.