Senior Data Scientist
Palo Alto, CA
Landing AI – Engineering
Landing AI, an Artificial Intelligence company founded by Andrew Ng, will help enterprises transform for the age of AI. This is a chance for you to get in on the ground floor of an exciting AI company.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist who will work with our enterprise customers along with our engineer and business team to generate insights from analyzing industrial process related data. We expect you to have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working collaboratively to improve business outcomes.
Here’s what you will do:
- Work with enterprise customers to identify opportunities using data insights to improve decision-making or develop automation solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from customers’ databases to drive optimization and business efficiency (such as click rate).
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Data modeling using natural relationships and interconnections based on your experience, knowledge, data and new learnings.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets. Work with customers to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
Here’s the background we’d like you to have:
- Experience using statistical computer languages (such as R, Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience delivering sophisticated data science results in meaningful business use cases.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (such as clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- DRIVE to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- An ability to serve as tech lead and guide the work of more junior data scientists/engineers is a strong plus, but is not required.
- Experience in working with any graph databases is a plus.
- Experience with data modeling tools and techniques is a plus.
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant experience with projects that are launched into production.
- Bilingual in both English and Mandarin Chinese is required.
To be successful at Landing AI, you will have to fit well with our Landing AI Principles https://landing.ai/about/. Please take time to read and understand them as they define who we are and what we look for in our candidates.
This is a full-time position based in the US and we will allow remote work. You must already have, or be able to obtain, authorization to work in the United States.