FourthBrain - Machine Learning Bootcamp
San Juan, Puerto Rico
AI Fund – FourthBrain
Who we are:
AI is the new electricity: Just as electricity transformed numerous industries starting 100 years ago, AI is now poised to do the same. AI Fund is a startup studio building new AI companies from the ground up. Our companies bridge AI technology and applications, focusing on industries and problems that we believe move the world forward. Founded by Dr. Andrew Ng, our team merges a deep understanding of AI technology with a proven ability to start new ventures. We have a unique business model that prepares founding members of a portfolio company with technical validation of the idea, experienced back office operational support and our team’s AI know how as well as connections within the AI community. This is an excellent opportunity for you to get in on the ground floor of an exciting AI Venture Firm and through it, grow its portfolio.
We have created a seed-stage startup training people from outside Silicon Valley for jobs in Machine Learning. Our team has collectively educated more people in machine learning than any other organization in the world, and we are now applying that expertise to a new type of startup. We will be starting with a blended-learning program in Puerto Rico and scaling quickly from there.
About the ML Bootcamp:
The Machine Learning Bootcamp is a training program for engineers and data scientists seeking to become machine learning engineers. It is a six month, a full-time residential program in Puerto Rico, led by top machine-learning practitioners from Silicon Valley. By the end of the program, participants should have the skills necessary for a job as a junior machine learning engineer.
The curriculum mixes lectures, workshops, and Machine Learning Projects to make sure lessons are learned and applied by each participant. There will also be directed office hours to make sure each participant can keep up with the material.
What will you learn?
The steps of an end-to-end machine learning project. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Conducting a structured and deep literature review of a specific field.
- Strategizing your machine learning project end-to-end.
- Collecting, cleaning, labeling, and augmenting your own dataset.
- Training a model for a real-world application.
- Setting-up an efficient and organized experimentation process.
- Defining task-specific metrics to optimize in your experiments.
- Performing error analysis to improve your models.
- Deploying an AI product.
- Exposure to real-world problems that multiple AI teams in our community work on.
What you can expect:
- Hands-on experience in designing, building, and deploying end-to-end AI solutions through curated content and instructor-led workshops.
- Career mentorship and connections with teams aligned with your career aspirations.
- Meeting and share experiences with other engineers and data scientists.
- A very rigorous, full-time program that moves at a face pace
Who should apply to the Bootcamp?
Engineers and Data Scientists who have had at least 2 years experience in their respective fields and a basic grounding in coding from on the job experience. The most successful candidates will have experience with the following:
- Demonstrated strong coding from previous work experience or publications. This means you’re able to write a non-trivial program in Python, Java, or C++.
- Solid CS foundation (including but not limited to Operating Systems, Computer Networks, Database, etc.)
When does the Bootcamp start?
- It starts in fall 2019 and runs for six months.
- The Bootcamp is full-time and in-person. No remote option is available at this time.
Where is the bootcamp?
- The AI Bootcamp is based in Puerto Rico
- Anyone with U.S. work authorization may participate if selected.
How much does the Bootcamp cost?
- The program is paid by future employers.
- FourthBrain will provide onsite meals and necessary facilities for the entirety of the program.