Factored- Software Engineer
Medellín, Antioquia /
AI Fund – Factored /
What you will be doing:
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a rapidly growing startup with a dynamic team. You will be building Full Stack applications to serve and escalate cutting-edge AI/ML models across different industries.
We seek ambitious and self-motivated Software Engineers to join our core engineering team to keep up with customer demand. The ideal teammate is an individual looking to take part in the deployment part of our ML Lifecycle, developing SW/APIs to meet customers needs and help other talented Machine Learning Engineers develop production ready ML models.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Working with Machine Learning Engineers and several clients to develop and maintain backend applications and handle 3rd party API backend integrations.
- Coding highly-scalable machine learning models and the backend applications to deliver them to the final user.
- Implement internal tools to improve and accelerate the ML Lifecycle process.
- Feeling comfortable with agile processes focused on delivering production-ready testable code in small iterations.
What You Must Bring:
- 2+ years professional experience shipping production-ready code.
- Broad and solid CS foundation knowledge, including data structures & algorithms, OS, Computer Networks and databases.
- Experience with Relational or Non relational Database Engines such as PostgreSQL, SQLite or MongoDB.
- Experience with Git.
- Strong ability to convert ideas to running code.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
Nice To Have:
- Machine Learning knowledge.
- Familiarity with Serverless Computing.
- Familiarity with single page applications (React, Angular or Vue).
- Bachelor/MSc degree in CS or related technical field.
- Passion for AI/ML applications: we are excited to make an impact by bringing AI use in industry to the next level, and we hope you share our passion.
- Accountability: an obligation or willingness to accept responsibility or to account for one's actions while doing so with the highest regard for integrity.
- Leadership: able to influence others to follow you and lead the team to a brighter future.
- Grit. able to stick with projects and work hard through good and bad times. High pain tolerance and can perform well under stress or pressure.
- Scrappy: Takes initiative and proactively gets things done with low resources, but doing creative things, begging, borrowing, and whatever is needed in an ambiguous environment or situation.
- Ownership orientation: Demonstrated orientation of extreme ownership over all aspects of the company and extremely results-driven in nature.
At Factored, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. AI Fund believes that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Selection for employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.