AI is the new electricity. Millions of AI engineers will be required to transform industries with artificial intelligence and we’re building the education products to train them. deeplearning.ai is providing a world-class education to people around the globe so that we can all benefit from an AI-powered future.
DeepLearning.AI is looking for a Learning Technologist to interact, guide, and support the learners across the platform. Assertive communication skills and the ability to work in a team are key for this role.
What you will be doing:
- Monitoring feedback in Discourse / Forums / GitIssue on live courses and ensuring the problems are reported to Trello / GitIssue.
- Implementing fixes to code assignments and other ungraded code in pre-or post-launch stages or delegate if needed to the appropriate person (e.g. curr. engineers). Adding reading items / pop-up text to address issues with course content until a permanent fix can be implemented.
- Creating supplementary “lecture notebooks” to fill in gaps in the lectures.
- Creating and/or revising quizzes to clarify topics for learners.
- Adding in markdown to assignments and ungraded labs.
- Assisting content developers with filling out the Coursera course shell and preparing the classroom for launch. Creating Github repositories and GitIssue sub-module as needed for each specialization
- Providing access to testers/mentors and training the testers/mentors on GitIssue to each cohort.
- Assisting QA Lead with implementing improvements to QA tools including but not limited to Discourse, GitIssue, Github.
What you need to bring:
- Passion for online teaching & learning, and improving the learner experience.
- Proficiency in the math of machine learning (calculus, statistics, and linear algebra at the level of the Deep Learning Specialization on Coursera)
- Proficiency in Python machine learning packages/frameworks (NumPy, Pandas, Scikit-learn, Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch)
- Knowledge of software testing best practices and experience with Github, Docker, cloud.
- Bachelors in STEM / AI / CS or equivalent industry experience in areas like software development, machine learning or data science.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic: All of us believe in our work’s ability to change human lives. Consequently, we work not just smart, but also hard.
- Growth mindset: We are eager to teach you new skills and invest in your continual development. But learning is hard work, so this is something we hope you’ll want to do.
- Team orientation: We care for and watch out for each other. We’re humble individually and go after big goals together.
- Flexibility: We are flexible in our tasks and do whatever is needed, ranging from lower-level tasks such as coordinating complicated schedules, to high-level work such as thinking through corporate strategy.
At DeepLearning.AI, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. DeepLearning.AI believes that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Selection for employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.