United States /
Landing AI – Operations & HR /
Landing AI is a new artificial intelligence company that helps other enterprises transform for the age of AI. We apply AI to multiple industries, including manufacturing, agriculture and healthcare. This is a chance for you to get in on the ground floor of an exciting AI company.
Landing AI is looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to join our growing Accounting/Finance team who is comfortable in a startup company. You will work directly with our Director of Finance & Accounting, as well as with other team members throughout the company. Initially, this will be a very hands on, sole contributor role, and will be expected to own all of Landing AI’s day-to-day accounting functions, while also overseeing our outsourced accounting provider and helping to develop best practice processes that will allow the company to scale. Our accounting technology stack includes: QuickBooks Online (multiple entities), Gusto, Bill.com, Expensify, Carta.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Actively manage all aspects of the monthly financial close for multiple entities, including entering accounts payable, helping to code credit card charges, recording journal entries, and reviewing month-end financial statements and account reconciliations for accuracy and quality to ensure compliance with US GAAP.
- You will be a key player in transitioning away from the outsourced accounting provider and bringing the accounting in-house.
- Drive the technical accounting research for all new transactions that arise, including developing, maintaining and enforcing accounting policies and procedures in accordance with US GAAP.
- Assist the Director of Finance & Accounting with the annual budgeting process, complete monthly budget vs actual variance analysis and make necessary recommendations as needed.
- Provide support and manage timely and effective audits.
- Manage the cap table in Carta.
Here’s who you are:
- A self-starter, hands-on, able to dive deep and also see the big picture.
- Extremely well organized and pay close attention to detail.
- Enjoy problem solving and learning new things.
Here’s the background we would like you to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field. Advanced degree is a plus.
- CPA or equivalent preferred.
- 5-7 years of progressive experience.
- Strong experience in full cycle, end-to-end month end close.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills.
- Experience with QuickBooks online and performing consolidations for multiple entities.
- Rev rec knowledge and experience applying ASC 606 to complex contracts.
- Advanced accounting experience with international consolidations, foreign currency translations, and accounting for stock based compensation.
Bonus if you have:
- Experience working in a fast paced startup environment.
- International finance/accounting experience working for a US multinational company with a complex legal entity structure.
To be successful at Landing AI, you will have to fit well with our Landing AI Principles. Please take the time to read and understand them as they define who we are and what we look for in our candidates.
This is a full-time position based in the US and you can work remotely. You must already have, or be able to obtain, authorization to work in the United States.