Customer Success Engineer
United States /
Landing AI – Business /
Landing AI delivers the leading data-centric AI, a no-code platform for computer vision. Our flagship product, LandingLens, uses cutting-edge AI technology to enable computer vision applications to be built and deployed 10x faster than before, thereby creating significant ROI. Our deep learning technology excels particularly in subtle or nuanced inspection problems where traditional rules-based machine vision does not work. Our proprietary data-centric AI technology helps our customers achieve higher accuracy than other tools.
Landing AI is looking for a driven Customer Success Engineer to join and build the foundation of our customer success function. You will handle customer success/account management inquiries, renewals, implementation/services, technical support, customer education, and operations.
- Owns the Landing AI post-sale relationship with our enterprise customers, working in tight collaboration with Landing AI colleagues across the organization, especially the sales, sales engineering, product, and engineering teams.
- Drives adoption/usage of & satisfaction with Landing Lens and associated products across the entire post-sale customer journey: onboarding, training, adoption, support/escalation, advocacy, and value achievement.
- Trains new and existing customers on Landing AI product capabilities, new features, and product roadmap.
- Serves as the main point of contact for customer issues and escalations, engaging the appropriate resources and driving resolution and closure within Landing AI.
- Monitors usage metrics/tools and uses a data-driven approach to address product engagement issues proactively.
- Leverages internal tools to manage, track, and report on key customer information (e.g., health, contacts, initiatives, activities, adoption, etc.).
- Builds and maintains strategic, trusted-advisor relationships with senior-level contacts (VP, Director, and Manager), users of Landing Lens, and, where appropriate, Landing AI partners – often across disparate regions and organizations.
- Enables customers to achieve desired outcomes by proactively suggesting solutions, communicating best practices, and serving as a coach/change agent.
- Thinks strategically about their book of business as a whole--and then executes on those plans to increase platform adoption, foster excellent customer satisfaction metrics, drive successful customer outcomes, and exceed account retention/expansion goals.
- Understands where opportunities for operational excellence exist within Landing AI (i.e., systems, processes, programs) and takes the initiative to build/enhance and implement when needed.
- Supports the growth and scale of the broader Customer Success organization.
- 5+ years experience in the machine learning or computer vision industry.
- Extremely strong technically.
- Is comfortable digging into the nuances of the machine learning/computer vision space as well as the Landing AI products.
- Can successfully engage with a range of technical audiences, including machine learning engineers (MLE), software engineers, and developers.
- Able to understand and articulate Landing AI concepts & solutions at a high level as well as a tactical/functional level.
- Customer driven. Passionate about the discipline of customer success. Takes personal pride in and responsibility for the success AND satisfaction of their customers. Takes a proactive approach to engaging with their customers.
- Biased towards action, accountability, and responsibility.
- Project management oriented. Can manage a variety of customers, initiatives, projects, and priorities and keep everything/everyone on track and informed.
- Commercially savvy. Part of the post-sale journey is thinking about how to retain/grow accounts and get win-win outcomes. Can partner well with the sales/partner teams to drive excellent commercial outcomes
- Excellent communicator. Excels in written, phone, and in-person communications. Excellent at asking the “right” questions and listening well.
- Analytical thinker and metrics-driven. Uses data and insights to drive customer-related plans and actions and help shepherd customers to better outcomes. Detail oriented.
- High emotional IQ. Team player. Humble. Positive. Unflappable. High energy. Entrepreneurial.
- Enjoys operating in a dynamic, fast-paced start-up environment where roles, priorities, and customer needs are fluid, and processes/systems are evolving. A highly independent self-starter.
- Committed to continuous improvement and learning, both as a customer success professional and an active participant in the fast-moving AI industry.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in a computer-related field or other technical degrees. As many Landing AI customers have advanced degrees, an advanced degree is a plus.
Landing AI Benefits:
- Health: Our people and their dependents* are covered by comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Environment: We provide an allowance for you to set up a workstation however you want.
- Wellness: We offer a fitness stipend to be used on well-being and fitness programs.
- Lifelong learning: With an education stipend, you are encouraged to keep learning and growing.
- PTO: We provided generous paid time off* so you can strive toward a balanced lifestyle.
- Retirement: We offer 401k matching plan to help you plan for your future!
- Events: We love having fun! We set up regular virtual and in-person events to connect with each other.
- Global Citizen: Our people reside in North America, Latin America, and Asia. Come and join our global network!
*Subject to country of employment
To be successful at Landing AI, you will have to fit well with our Landing AI Principles. Please take the time to read and understand them as they define who we are and what we look for in our candidates.
Although we are headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, We are open to remote workers in the U.S. as long as you are within a 2 to 3 time zone difference to California (PDT / GMT -7).
Note: Landing AI provides flexibility and choice in the working arrangement for most roles, including remote and/or in-office roles. We have a market-based pay structure that varies by location. The base pay for this position is dependent on work location, as well as the knowledge, skills, and experience of the candidate. In addition to base pay, this role is eligible for bonus or commission and benefits and may be eligible for equity.
Base Pay Range
SF Bay Area, Seattle Metro, and New York City Metro Area Base Pay Range: $150,000 - $180,000 per year