Marketing Manager, Events & Community
United States /
Deeplearning AI – Marketing /
Want to use your marketing skills to help change the world? AI is the new electricity. Millions of AI engineers will be required to transform industries with artificial intelligence, and we’re building the education platform to train them. DeepLearning.AI is providing a world-class education to people around the globe so that we can all benefit from an AI-powered future. We are an EdTech company with serious credentials, exciting marketing challenges and wonderful teammates.
We are looking for an Events & Community Marketing Manager to spearhead community experiences and event marketing to keep our community engaged and connected. This would include the strategy, production, and execution of multimedia content to engage our users across events, blog and community forums, social media channels, and others. This person will define our event strategy and lead a key part in integrating our community into our broader marketing strategy.
We’re looking for a talented leader, a communicator, and a creative producer who is ready to create world-class events.The ideal candidate is a curious self-starter who can work collaboratively and independently to execute new ideas and projects, thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, and is passionate about developer marketing, AI and/or education. This position reports to the Director of Marketing. Although we are headquartered in Palo Alto, we are open to remote workers as long as they are within 3 time zones of California (PDT / GMT -7).
- Develop and oversee all aspects of our event marketing program, including creating the strategy and managing end-to-end production of virtual/in-person events.
- Monitor event performance and establish clear reporting, and updating cadences.
- Own all production, execution, and communication operations for the event marketing channel.
- Work closely with internal teams to build persona-target events around our core positioning. Manage a team of global event ambassadors to deliver high-quality community events.
- Manage event marketing budget across various channels, contractors, and technology.
- Report on key metrics of success for all event efforts and propose strategies to evolve and improve them.
- Manage our community, especially on Discourse, including planning, creating, sourcing, and sharing content, resources, and discussion topics to drive awareness and engagement.
- Innovate and develop new ideas to connect and engage the community.
- Design and deliver on liver and virtual community events to drive value for the community.
- Discover and create community champions, help amplify their voices throughout the community.
- Work closely with internal teams to evaluate larger opportunities to integrate the community into our content and event marketing plans.
- Identify new tools and opportunities for the community to network and engage with each other regularly.
- Regularly share insights and feedback from the community to develop actionable insights for future strategies.
- 5+ years’ experience of scaling events & online community end-to-end, from ideation to execution
- Proficiency in Eventbrite (or comparable registration software), Streamyard (or comparable events software), Discourse and Hubspot
- Experience and ability to lead, motivate and coach a high performing team
- Experience with monitoring, analyzing, and reporting on performance
- Strong project management and collaboration skills to manage multiple tasks and projects while sticking to deadlines.
Bonus if you have:
- Experience marketing to developer audiences
- Experience with AI or other advanced online training and education
- Prior startup experience wearing multiple hats within the marketing department.
What you get working with us:
- Being part of a world-class team that’s trying to change the world
- Working across cultural and geographical lines alongside our offices in different parts of the world.
- Ability to learn from several marketing subject matter experts
- A culture of life-long learning supported with a monthly stipend for professional development
- The opportunity to be exceptionally creative with your high-impact ideas.
We hope you will fit well with our team’s culture:
- Strong work ethic. All of us believe in our work’s ability to change human lives, and consequently, work not just smart but also hard.
- Growth mindset. We are eager to teach you new skills and invest in your continual development. But learning is hard work, so this is something we hope you’ll want to do.
- Team oriented. We care and watch out for each other. We’re humble individually and go after big goals together.
- Flexibility. You should be flexible in your tasks and do whatever is needed, ranging from lower-level tasks like scheduling to high-level recruiting strategies.
What we offer:
- DeepLearning.AI offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, a monthly education stipend, flexible PTO, and much more.
At DeepLearning.AI, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Bearing believes that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Selection for employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.