Senior Applied Scientist
Landing AI – Engineering
Landing AI, a new Artificial Intelligence company founded by Andrew Ng, helps enterprises transform into great AI companies. Landing AI will empower companies across multiple industries, focusing initially on manufacturing. This is a chance for you to get in on the ground floor of an exciting AI company.
As an Applied Scientist at Landing AI, you will engage with a cross-disciplinary team to explore, design and put on production innovative AI solutions that solve high impact customer problems. You must have grit, ownership and an ability to deliver results within an ambiguous and fast-moving organization.
Computer Vision, Data Science, and Deep Learning are core elements of our AI solutions. In this role, you will be working with terabytes of images, text, video and other types of data to solve real-world problems at scale. You either are or will become experts in one or more of these areas and use your expertise to mentor less experienced scientists while pushing the limits of what is possible for our customers. We’re looking for scientists capable of using AI to innovate, design, and implement solutions for never-before-solved real-world problems.
We are exploring many new challenges from multiple verticals every day. In this role, you will drive the development of our new AI solutions and help develop machine learning products. You will also work closely with our business, product and engineering teams to deploy solutions to enterprise customers and see firsthand how a top-notch AI startup is built.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct scientific research to design and develop novel machine learning algorithms to solve customer problems.
- Coordinate with other researchers in developing cutting edge machine learning solutions and frameworks.
- Develop presentations and technical reports to show experimental results and findings.Mentor the applied Applied Science team, and develop the next layer of scientists.
- Summarize and publish research findings in a high-quality research paper and/or patent submissions
- Ability to think creatively and to work well both as part of a team and as an individual contributor
- Eager to learn new algorithms, new application areas, and new tools
Here are the skills you should have:
- Ph.D. in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Statistics or related fields with specialization in Computer Vision, Artificial Intelligence, Image Recognition, Robotics, Machine Learning, or Deep Learning
- 5+ years of relevant experience in the industry and/or academia (depending on level).
- Proven track record of innovation in creating novel algorithms for real-world problems in the fields related to Deep Learning and/or Computer Vision.
- Experience using deep learning frameworks (such as TensorFlow, Pytorch, MXnet, etc.) to build machine learning/deep learning models and launch training experiments.
- Ability to communicate complex research ideas and solutions in both verbal and written form.
To be successful at Landing AI, you will have to fit well with our Landing AI Principles. Please take time to read and understand them as they define who we are and what we look for in our candidates.
This is a full-time position based in Medellin.