Senior Software Development Engineer
Palo Alto, CA /
Landing AI – Engineering /
Landing AI is an artificial intelligence company that is helping other enterprises transform for the age of AI. We are applying AI to multiple industries, starting from manufacturing, agriculture and healthcare. This is a chance for you to get in on the ground floor of an exciting AI company.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer at Landing AI, you will be responsible for developing scalable AI applications and delivering optimized inference software to the edge, for our clients in the manufacturing, agriculture and healthcare space. By joining Landing AI, you will work with a top-notch AI and Engineering teams to define and build powerful AI products, such as the LandingLens visual inspection platform that was recently launched. With Landing AI, you will have the opportunity to deploy and scale AI services into different industries and work with us to unlock the economic impact behind AI adoption.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Design, develop and deploy infrastructure and AI services.You will design, build, and scale the required infrastructure for Machine Learning services and data management with a focus on high availability, stable, low latency, scalability, and security. In this role, you will work closely with our Machine Learning Engineers and Technical Product Managers to understand the client and development requirements. You will be immersed in a highly dynamic and agile development environment.
- Build and deliver high quality AI products to clients’ hands. You will be responsible for building world-class web and Edge applications and services ensuring internal/external clients satisfaction. This responsibility has two aspects: first, you will work closely with our Product Managers to understand and solve the clients’ real business and product needs; second, you will make sure both web and edge computing products perform reliably with low latency.
- Build internal tooling systems. Successful AI development is not only about the models used, but perfectly automatized pipelines. As a Senior Software Development Engineer you will boost our time-to-deployment by developing highly automated internal tools.
- Take responsibility for the full software development cycle. You will take responsibility for architecting, developing, deploying, monitoring/maintaining services that are owned by your team. You must keep a high standard on coding, testing, automation of deployment, and monitoring. You must always be willing to get your hands dirty on troubleshooting issues.
- Be part of a world-class A.I. team. At Landing AI you will be part of a fast-paced and learning driven team. We are constantly striving to learn new things and develop ourselves. You will have the opportunity to learn many new skills and develop the existing ones. You are expected to help others to develop or improve their skills. You must be a team player and be open to give and receive constructive feedback.
Here’s the background we would like you to have:
- Broad and solid CS foundation knowledge, including data structures & algorithms, OS, computer networks, databases.
- 5+ years of experience in software development.
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Experience with end to end product development, comfortable both with early stages of development and with delivering complex solutions to production.
- You should feel comfortable having in-depth technical discussions with your team and clients.
Bonus if you have
- Strong product sense.
- Experience in software, network security, and edge device development.
- Experience with cloud based development, using cloud providers like AWS
- Serverless or serverless tools like aws lambda, step functions, etc.
- Infrastructure as code tools like terraform, serverless or cloudformation
- Experience in building industrial quality services by using modern database and data streaming solutions, including SQL, NoSQL, Kafka, etc.
To be successful at Landing AI, you will have to fit well with our Landing AI Principles. Please take the time to read and understand them as they define who we are and what we look for in our candidates.
Although we are headquartered in Palo Alto, we are open to remote workers as long as they are within a 4 to 5 time zone difference to California (PDT / GMT -7).