AI Fund – Bearing.ai /
Bearing is at the forefront of bringing AI to the maritime shipping industry. This is a trillion dollar industry that moves 90% of the goods we interact with on a daily basis, but has traditionally lagged far behind other industries in adopting new technologies. At Bearing, we’re changing that. We’re building an AI-driven platform that helps shipping companies dramatically streamline their operations and tackle their single biggest pain point. We’ve already built our first product and have some of the world’s biggest shippers as our partners. Our team is made up of highly experienced AI engineers and tech industry veterans and we’re backed by the AI Fund and shipping industry investors.
We are currently looking for an exceptionally talented DevOps Engineer to join our small team. You will be responsible for leading scaling efforts for our technology platform. Since you’ll be joining an early-stage startup at the ground level, you’ll need to be able to wear multiple hats and thrive while working in a dynamic environment.
What You Must Bring:
- Must have 2-5 years of experience working in platform engineering, software product deployment, and API integration
- Must have hands-on experience in developing modern-software-deployment-flow. The candidate should have expert level knowledge of tools such as Jenkins, Docker, GitHub and Kubernetes
- Must have hands-on experience managing cloud-based work environment and storage system such as AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure
- Must have hands-on experience in building commercial-grade APIs. The candidate should have expert level knowledge in either OpenAPI or GRPC, and understand how to scale API from proof of concept (POC) to handle substantial traffic
- Must have hands-on experience in building development, testing, and deployment flow. The ideal candidate should be able to independently create a continuous integration system that automates unit-testing, integration-testing, and pre-deployment testing
- Must have a good understanding of service-based software architecture. Having hands-on experience in building microservices is a big plus
- Must be able to write clean and efficient code. Familiarity with object-oriented programming is a big plus
What We Have to Offer:
- Food & commute benefits.
- Work from home benefits
- Medical and dental Insurance coverage for you and family members.
- Monthly education budget
- Collegial atmosphere
- Direct and transparent communication style
- Innovative environment
- Work with global AI Leaders
- Be part of a great cause to improve lives everywhere through artificial intelligence
At Bearing, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. AI Fund believes that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Selection for employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.