People Operations Manager
United States /
Deeplearning AI – Operation /
AI is the new electricity. It revolutionizes and improves almost every aspect of human lives - from transportation to healthcare, from entertainment to personal safety and food security, and many more. This global trend is happening now and creates a massive demand for millions of AI engineers across industries. DeepLearning.AI is on a mission to grow and connect the global AI community and enable an AI-powered future.
DeepLearning.AI is an education-tech company that was founded and is led by Andrew Ng, the world’s leading AI thought leader, the co-founded Coursera and Google Brain, a Stanford Professor and the former chief scientist at Baidu.
What we are looking for
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, motivated and passionate People Operations leader to build, own and operate ALL aspects of our Human Resources across our full time employees and our large globally-distributed contractor workforce.
In this role, you will report to the company’s Chief Operating Officer and be responsible for:
1. Support the company’s People Strategy development in collaboration with the COO. This includes the design and development of the People function and processes, drive cross functional conversations to plan and execute on strategic People initiatives, set targets, measure and report on People-related metrics, and leverage data to assess organizational and cultural health.
2. Set up and operate the People Operations infrastructure. You will own our employee and contractor databases, create and review People policies and operation best practices and maintain the company's internal Wiki and other information-sharing resources.
3. Own team-related internal processes, including determining and leading the ideal onboarding and offboarding processes, and owning the planning and management of various organizational activities such as All Hands meetings and semi-annual offsites.
4. Compliance and regulatory. Keep up to date with relevant HR and labor-related regulation on topics such as training, reporting and others.
- 2-4 years of work experience in a tech startup’s people team, either leading or being a senior contributor to the team.
- Demonstrated experience using modern day HRIS and People Ops tools such as Lever, Gusto, BambooHR or others.
- Preferred, but not required: bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
- You’re an outstanding communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to build and maintain successful relationships with all levels of the company. In this role, you will be communicating with employees, contractors and ecosystem members about sensitive issues. Communication and empathy are key.
- You have high personal and professional integrity, discretion and sound judgment in handling sensitive, personal information.
- You have a natural tendency towards collecting and organizing information, and answering questions with data. You possess the basic data processing skills to answer these questions and the analytical mindset to understand, present and discuss the answers.
- You are extremely organized and show incredible attention to detail. You have the ability to prioritize tasks to execute on day-to-day tasks while promoting long-term strategic initiatives, without missing deadlines or letting tasks slip.
- You’re entrepreneurial and thriving in fast-paced environments, comfortable with uncertainty, biasing towards thoughtful action with minimal direction and willing to roll up your sleeves no matter what the challenge is
- You have the ability to thrive in a remote environment and a keen sense for creating a best-in-class remote-first team culture.
- You either have or are interested in acquiring knowledge of the required international, federal, state, and local employment laws or regulations for a company our scale.
- You are honest, positive, constructive and assume positive intent in all your interactions.
Our offer to you
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience and remote work
- Benefits: Medical, Dental ,Vision, 401k + matching, unlimited time off, 100% remote with a work-from-home monthly stipend, professional development budget, 4 times/year onsite in Silicon Valley.
- The opportunity to truly shape one of the most influential disciplines of our time
This is a full-time position based in the United States. Our team operates mostly in the US west coast time zone. If you do not live in the San Francisco Bay Area, travel to this area once per quarter for 3-5 days at a time will be expected. You must already have, or be able to obtain, authorization to work legally in the United States.