Field Application Engineer
United States /
Landing AI – Engineering /
Landing AI is a new artificial intelligence company that helps other enterprises transform for the age of AI. We apply AI to multiple industries, including retail, biotech, manufacturing, agriculture and healthcare. This is a chance for you to get in on the ground floor of an exciting AI company.
Landing AI is looking for a Field Application Engineer (FAE). In this role, we are looking for highly motivated individuals that are responsible for conducting pre-sales feasibility studies, customer presentations, trade show set-up, training and onsite post-sales support/installation. The Field Applications Engineering team provides technical expertise and support the sales organization in selling Landinglends products to assist sales in exceeding their quota.
We are looking for candidates who are comfortable at the intersection of technology and business. The ideal candidate must also have a strong machine vision experience and a strong hardware integration background to build rapport with customers and the engineering team.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Troubleshoots issues at customers and provides resolutions to problems.
- Completes evaluation reports in a timely and complete manner while recommending a solution that fits within the constraints of the application.
- Provides expertise in the integration of Landinglens products with devices such as PLCs, PCs, or Controllers.
- Learn and apply neural network and deep learning software and techniques to generate inspection solutions
- Perform feasibility studies of new promising techniques within computer vision
- Secure best practice of solutions, processes and tools
- Facilitate the optimal choices of hardware like stereo cameras
- Working with real-time systems, object -identification, -detection and -tracking.
- Maintain professional appearance/demeanor and a positive attitude under stress
- Must be able to analyze many variables and choose the most effective course of action given the situation.
- Must be able to resolve problems, handle conflict, and make effective decisions under pressure.
- Provides product feedback to Product Business Units to improve products.
- Provides sales intelligence to sales when communicating with or visiting customers to help Landing AI win.
Here’s the background we would like you to have:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or Mechanical Engineering required or higher preferred with relevant demonstrated experience
- Industry expertise in machine vision
- Able to handle challenging customer situations
- Ability to successfully handle multiple projects
- Critical thinking, strong mathematics, physics, complex problem solving; willingness to continually learn
- Excellent verbal and communication skills required
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- The ability to work with co-workers, customers, and vendors in a courteous and tactful manner to resolve problems
- A motivated, self-starter with the ability to follow directions and complete assignments with minimal supervision
- Well versed in fundamental engineering concepts and practices
- 30% travel, domestic & international opportunities – should be willing to travel on short notice.
To be successful at Landing AI, you will have to fit well with our Landing AI Principles. Please take the time to read and understand them as they define who we are and what we look for in our candidates.
Although we are headquartered in Palo Alto, we are open to remote workers as long as they are within a 4 to 5 time zone difference to California (PDT / GMT -7).
This is a full-time position based in the US. You must already have, or be able to obtain, authorization to work in US.