Founder-In-Residence - AI Career Coach
United States /
AI Fund – AI Fund /
Who We Are:
AI is the new electricity: Just as electricity transformed numerous industries starting 100 years ago, AI is now poised to do the same. AI Fund is an early stage venture firm founded by Dr. Andrew Ng in 2017. Our portfolio companies utilize AI technology and applications to improve processes and efficiency. The AI Fund team combines their experiences as AI pioneers, entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, investors, and operators. We are backed by a $176 million-dollar fund from top-tier VC firms.
Together, let’s build great companies that will move humanity forward.
Why Partner With AI Fund:
We’ve been there. We’ve founded and scaled successful companies ourselves, and we know that creating meaningful startups is really hard. Many entrepreneurs toil with ideas for years. Many spend time building something without the foresight of limiting factors that could have been easily dismissed upfront. Accomplished execs often teeter between a desire to start a company and creating something great versus taking a job that is less fulfilling. If only someone could help with taking the risk out of turning an idea into reality and accelerate the company building process, more people would be inspired to start a company.
Coming up with great ideas, sussing them out, assembling great teams, and helping raise capital is what we do. We shorten a process that can take years down to months. We make sure you are going after the right market, are fully validated, and are surrounded by great teammates. Lastly, we make sure you see the world through the lens of a data scientist and machine learning expert, which is the perspective any meaningful company in the future must have.
But we also know that the process is not about us. It’s about great Founders and empowering them to do great things.
What We Seek:
We are looking for passionate entrepreneurs with first-hand knowledge of the problem they have encountered or entrepreneurs that might match to a problem or idea we already have.
It’s not a mandate, but ideally, we want people with experience solving business problems and have a keen eye for anticipating business risks. You may have been a product manager running a product or product line before. You may have been an engineer who has been on the front lines of helping shape a company. You may have been a management consultant who has experience in a particular vertical. Or perhaps you are a proven entrepreneur who recognizes that the difference between success and failure is razor-thin, and you want every advantage you can get.
Lastly, we want people who are leaders. We desire people who can hire great people, get others excited about their vision, raise capital, and make it all happen.
About AI Career Coach:
The AI Career Coach s transforming the college recruitment process for graduate students.
From day one of their college experience, the AI Career Coach works backwards with students from their graduation date. The AI powered career coach makes personalized career recommendations for each student and identifies key goals they must complete to stay on track and find a job by their desired date.
Decreasing the manual effort involved in a job search, the career coach automates applications, outreach to the students’ networks, and scheduling.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Determine Early Business Model Development by analyzing pros/cons and establish initial customer set.
- Determine Product Vision and GTM strategy. Refine target market for each phase of the product roadmap.
- Develop Prototype and proof of concept for the initial go to market product. Develop Fundraising strategy including Preparation of pitch material
What You Must Bring:
- Strategic thinking
- Previous startup or other small/scrappy team experience
- Previous founding or early stage startup experience including fundraising
- Experience bringing to market products in one of the following: chatbots/conversational AI applications, or consumer grade mobile applications
- Experience developing customers within one of the following: higher education, direct to consumer mobile applications
- Domain expertise in one of the following: HR tech, ATS or recruitment tech
- Experience working in a leadership capacity for a series A or earlier venture-backed hi-tech startup
Nice To Haves
- Experience raising capital from angel investors, family offices, venture capitalists, private equity, etc.
Characteristics That We Value Include:
- Accountability: an obligation or willingness to accept responsibility or to account for one's actions while doing so with the highest regard for integrity.
- Leadership: able to influence others to follow you and lead the team to a brighter future.
- Grit: able to stick with projects and work hard through good and bad times. High pain tolerance and can perform well under stress or pressure.
- Scrappy: Takes initiative and proactively gets things done with low resources, but doing creative things, begging, borrowing, and whatever is needed in an ambiguous environment or situation.
- Ownership orientation: Demonstrated orientation of extreme ownership over all aspects of the company and extremely results-driven in nature.
At AI Fund, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. AI Fund believes that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Selection for employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.