Senior Software Development Engineer, Machine Learning
Palo Alto, CA
Landing AI – Engineering
Landing AI, a new Artificial Intelligence company founded by Andrew Ng, helps enterprises transform into great AI companies. Landing AI will empower companies across multiple industries, focusing initially on manufacturing. This is a chance for you to get in on the ground floor of an exciting AI company.
We’ve already been joined by some of the best minds, and are looking for a senior software development engineer in machine learning to join us. In this role, you will drive the development of our machine learning processes, and lead the development of new machine learning products. You will also play a leadership role in the company, and will see firsthand how a top-notch AI startup is built.
Here’s what you will do
- Work with the company leadership, and participate in driving overall company strategy and execution.
- Lead the development of our machine learning workflow and processes, to enable rapid development of high performance ML models for deployment to production.
- Drive continual performance improvements to our machine learning systems used by customers.
- Participate in selecting and developing new Landing AI machine learning products.
- Develop innovative ML algorithms for novel applications where good solutions do not currently exist.
- Mentor junior machine learning engineers to improve their technical skills as well as ability to pick promising directions.
Here’s the background we’d like you to have
- Demonstrable ability to write and maintain medium-sized software code base (10,000+ lines)
- Proficiency in Python and C/C++ demonstrated by implementing multiple medium to large scale projects (10,000+ lines)
- Proven ability to implement and debug machine learning models in either industry or an equivalent academic setting
- Good communication skills. Ability to convey complicated technical topics to non-technical people
- Technical leadership capability. Ability to help lead small groups of engineers in terms of setting technical direction for a project
- 3+ years of experience or equivalent graduate school experience related to machine learning
- Bachelor degree is required in C.S or related technical field. Advanced degree is preferred
- (Bonus) Experience training and/or deploying machine learning algorithms in industry
- (Bonus) Research experience in machine learning or artificial intelligence related field
To be successful at Landing AI, you will have to fit well with our Landing AI Principles. Please take time to read and understand them as they define who we are and what we look for in our candidates.
This is a full-time position based in or around Palo Alto, California. You must already have, or be able to obtain, authorization to work in the United States.