Software Development Engineer
Palo Alto, CA
Landing AI – Engineering
Landing AI, a new Artificial Intelligence company founded by Andrew Ng, helps enterprises transform into great AI companies. Landing AI will empower companies across multiple industries, focusing initially on manufacturing. This is a chance for you to get in on the ground floor of an exciting AI company.
As a Software Development Engineer at Landing AI you will be responsible for developing and helping team members deliver high-quality AI applications to our clients in the manufacturing space. By joining Landing AI, you will work with a top-notch Software Development Engineering team to define and build the direction of our developments, AI infrastructure, and internal/external tooling. With Landing AI, you will have the opportunity to deploy and scale AI services into different industries and work with us to unlock the economic impact behind AI adoption.
Here’s what you will do:
- Design, develop and deploy infrastructure and AI services. You will design, build, and scale the required infrastructure for Machine Learning services and data management with a focus on high availability, low latency, scalability, and security. In this role, you will work closely with our Machine Learning Engineers and Technical Product Managers to understand the client and development requirements. You will be immersed in a highly dynamic and agile development environment.
- Build and deliver high quality AI products to clients’ hands. You will be responsible for building world-class web and desktop AI applications and services ensuring internal/external clients satisfaction. This responsibility has two aspects: first, you will work closely with our Product Managers to understand and solve the clients’ real business and product needs; second, you will make sure both web and edge computing products perform reliably with low latency.
- Build internal tooling systems. Successful AI development is not only about the models used, but perfectly automatized pipelines. As Software Development Engineer you will boost our time-to-deployment by developing highly automated internal tools.
- Take responsibility for the full software development cycle. You will take responsibility for architecting, developing, deploying, monitoring/maintaining services that are owned by your team. You must keep a high standard on coding, testing, automation of deployment, and monitoring. You must always be willing to get your hands dirty on troubleshooting issues.
- Be part of a world-class A.I. team. At Landing AI you will be part of a fast-paced and learning driven team. We are constantly striving to learn new things and develop ourselves. You will have the opportunity to learn many new skills and develop the existing ones. You are expected to help others to develop or improve their skills. You must be a team player and be open to give and receive constructive feedback.
Strong technical background:
- Broad and solid CS foundation knowledge, including data structures & algorithms, OS, computer networks, databases.
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
Proven ability to build and iterate quickly:
- Experience in product development in all of its stages and comfortable in the earlier stages - moving from zero to one.
- Experience in building industrial quality services by using modern database and data streaming solutions, including SQL, NoSQL, Kafka, etc.
Strong written and verbal communication skills:
- You should feel comfortable having in-depth technical discussions with your team and clients.
- Bonus if you have
- Strong product sense.
- Expertise in software and network security.
To be successful at Landing AI, you will have to fit well with our Landing AI Principles. Please take time to read and understand them as they define who we are and what we look for in our candidates.
This is a full-time position based in or around Palo Alto, California. You must already have, or be able to obtain, authorization to work in the United States.