Medellín, Antioquia /
AI Fund – Bearing.ai /
Bearing is at the forefront of bringing AI to the maritime shipping industry. This is a trillion dollar industry that moves 90% of the goods we interact with on a daily basis, but has traditionally lagged far behind other industries in adopting new technologies. At Bearing, we’re changing that. We’re building an AI-driven platform that helps shipping companies dramatically streamline their operations and tackle their biggest pain points. We’ve already built our first product and have some of the world’s biggest shippers as our customers. Our team is made up of highly experienced AI engineers and tech industry veterans and we’re backed by the AI Fund and shipping industry investors.
We are currently looking for an exceptionally talented Software Engineers to join our small team. You will be responsible for building out our API to support our new WebApp as well as helping us develop new AI-driven products. Since you’ll be joining an early-stage startup at the ground level, you’ll need to be able to wear multiple hats and thrive while working in a dynamic environment.
Lead the development of a RESTful API to support our new WebApp: Collaborating closely with the rest of our engineering team, you will architect and build out a scalable, reliable back-end for our new WebApp.
Architect and implement new features from scratch: Partnering with our Machine Learning engineers, you will lead the end-to-end development of new AI-driven products.
Improve code across the entire stack: You will identify bugs and performance issues across the stack and work to improve those. You will also build performance monitoring and testing tools to ensure our product quality stays high.
What You Must Bring:
- 5+ years professional experience shipping production-ready code
- Strong computer science foundations, including data structures & algorithms, OS, Computer Networks, databases
- Expertise in Python
- Experience in setting up data pipelines and databases
- Experience developing RESTful APIs
- Basic understanding of Machine Learning models
- Expertise with version control systems, such as Git
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to have in-depth technical discussions with both the engineering team and business people
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux systems
- Experience with Amazon AWS and containerization technologies
- Excellent English language skills
- BSc in Computer Science, Mathematics or similar field; Master’s or PhD degree is a plus
- Self-starter and comfort working in an early-stage environment
Nice to Haves:
- Experience shipping Machine Learning products
- Experience working on logistics or shipping-related products
- Experience with Agile development
What We Have to Offer:
- Company equity benefit
- Food & commute benefits
- Work from home benefits
- Medical and dental Insurance coverage for you and family members.
- Monthly education budget
- Collegial atmosphere
- Direct and transparent communication style
- Innovative environment
- Work with global AI Leaders
- Be part of a great cause to improve lives everywhere through artificial intelligence
At Bearing, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. AI Fund believes that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Selection for employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.