Applied Scientist, Artificial Intelligence
Palo Alto, CA
Landing AI – Engineering
Landing AI, a new Artificial Intelligence company founded by Andrew Ng, helps enterprises transform into great AI companies. Landing AI will empower companies across multiple industries, focusing initially on manufacturing. This is a chance for you to get in on the ground floor of an exciting AI company.
As a Senior Applied Scientist at Landing AI, you will engage with a cross-disciplinary team to explore, design and productionize innovative AI solutions that solve high impact customer problems. You must have grit, ownership and an ability to deliver results within a ambiguous and fast moving organization.
Computer Vision, Data Science and Deep Learning are core elements of our AI solutions. In this role, you will be working with terabytes of voice, text, images, video and other types of data to solve real-world problems at scale. You either are or will become experts in one of more of these areas and use your expertise to mentor junior scientists while pushing the limits of what is possible for our customers. We’re looking for scientists capable of using AI to innovate, design, and implement solutions for never-before-solved real world problems.
We are exploring many new challenges from multiple verticals every day. In this role, you will drive the development of our new AI solutions and help develop machine learning products. You will also work closely with our business, product and engineering teams to deploy solutions to enterprise customers and see firsthand how a top-notch AI startup is built.
Here are the skills you should have:
- Ph.D in Engineering, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Math, Statistics or related fields with specialization in Computer Vision, Image recognition, robotics, machine learning, or deep learning
- 5+ years of relevant experience in industry and/or academia.
- Proven track record of innovation in creating novel algorithms for real world problems in the fields related to Deep Learning and/or Computer Vision.
- Experience using deep learning frameworks (such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, MXnet, etc.) to build machine learning/deep learning models and launch training experiments.
- Ability to communicate complex research ideas and solutions in both verbal and written form.
To be successful at Landing AI, you will have to fit well with our Landing AI Principles. Please take time to read and understand them as they define who we are and what we look for in our candidates.
This is a full-time position based in or around Palo Alto, California. You must already have, or be able to obtain, authorization to work in the United States.