UI/UX Designer (Contract)
Palo Alto, CA
Landing AI – Engineering
Landing AI, a new Artificial Intelligence company founded by Andrew Ng, helps enterprises transform into great AI companies. Landing AI will empower companies across multiple industries, focusing initially on manufacturing. This is a chance for you to get in on the ground floor of an exciting AI company.
Landing AI is looking for a UI/UX Designer who has experience in building enterprise applications and software. At Landing AI we all share a passion for making digital experiences as simple and elegant as possible. You will be working on Landing AI’s AVI product which includes the labeling tool and dashboard. Learn more about the products here.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Develop user-centered designs that account for both customer needs and Landing AI’s business strategies
- Quickly yet thoroughly create user flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups as needed to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors
- Work closely with engineering and product team to develop requirements, use cases, and high-level customer experience requirements
- Design UI interface and interaction flow of the new application
- Evaluate usability and visual consistency of existing flows and recommend design changes
- Create storyboards and plan activity scenarios, flow, and sequences
- Applying design principles such as color, typography, graphic UI
- Tackle complex user interaction problems and build simple, logical, and effective solutions
Here are the skills you should have:
- 4-5 years professional experience as a UX/visual/interaction designer
- 2-3 years designing & building B2C/B2B product is preferred
- Solid experience using design & prototyping tools including but not limited to Invision, Sketch, Adobe XD, Photoshop etc.
- Experience in performing user research or gathering quantitative customer data
- Demonstrated capacity for creating highly usable designs and layouts, and a propensity towards simplification
- Strong understanding and proven use of user-centered design processes and methods
- Ability to turn around rigorous wireframes and mockups in an iterative, fast-paced and an agile environment
- Expert knowledge in UI principles, graphic design principles, and web standards
To be successful at Landing AI, you will have to fit well with our Landing AI Principles. Please take time to read and understand them as they define who we are and what we look for in our candidates.
This is a 3 month contract position based in Palo Alto, California. You must already have, or be able to obtain, authorization to work in the United States.