Senior Software Engineer Full Stack (Remote)
Workera – Engineering & Science /
Workera (a DeepLearning.AI company) is the self-assessment platform where people evaluate their job competencies with AI-powered assessments and find their career pathways. Our members receive personalized feedback, statistics to know where they stand, and are referred to the most appropriate jobs and educational material to achieve their career goals. More than 300,000 skills have been evaluated to date!
We work to build a meritocratic world where everyone has the opportunity to achieve their fullest career potential.
We’re looking for a Sr. Full Stack Software Engineer to own the mission-critical effort of implementing and deploying the world’s highest quality educational products. Since you’ll be joining a growing startup, you’ll wear multiple hats and have lots of growth opportunities. We believe that talented developers can adapt to any syntax or technology, so feel free to apply even if you don't meet all the requirements.
Here is what you'll do:
- Build a product. You will build consumer facing web-applications using full stack software development skills, including frontend / UI, backend business logic, and data management.
- Develop internal tooling systems. You will boost the team’s productivity by developing internal tools.
- Take responsibility for the full software development cycle. You will be responsible for designing, architecting, developing, monitoring/maintaining services that are owned by your team.
- Deploy AI services. In this role, you will work closely with our AI team to productize AI algorithms providing personalized feedback and content/jobs recommendations to our community.
Here’s the background we’d like you to have:
- CS foundations. Mastery of CS foundations, including data structures, algorithms, OS, computer networks, databases, unix, and application servers.
- Backend. Hands-on experience building web-applications in any modern object-oriented programming language (e.g. Python, Java, Ruby, etc.).
- Cloud. Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Tooling & Automation. Familiarity with build tooling and automation utilizing task runners, module bundlers, and linters.
- Workflow. Solid coding practices including good design documentation, unit testing, peer code reviews, and a preference for agile methods.
- Communication. You should feel comfortable having technical discussions in English with your team.
We hope you will fit well with our team’s culture:
- Strong work ethic. All of us believe in our work’s ability to change human lives, and consequently work not just smart, but also hard.
- Growth mindset. We are eager to teach you new skills and invest in your continual development. But learning is hard work, so this is something we hope you’ll want to do.
- Good team member. We care and watch out for each other. We’re humble individually and go after big goals together.
- Flexibility. You should be flexible in your tasks and do whatever is needed, ranging from tasks like member support to high level architectural decisions.
What you can get by working with us:
- Free snacks, drinks, lunches and dinners daily.
- 15 days PTO plus a week off between Christmas and New Year’s.
- Medical Insurance coverage through SURA for you and family members.
- Commuter benefits.
- Collegial atmosphere.
- Innovative environment.
- A culture of life-long learning supported with monthly stipend for professional development.
- Working across cultural and geographical lines alongside our offices in different parts of the world.
- Being part of a world-class technical team that’s trying to make the world more meritocratic.
- Be part of a great cause to improve lives everywhere through artificial intelligence.
- Opportunity to own high-impact engineering projects.
This full-time position is remote or based in Medellin, Colombia. We welcome applicants from all over the world.
If you are interested, please submit your application in English. We look forward to speaking with you soon!