Senior Technical Program Manager
Landing AI – Engineering
Landing AI is an artificial intelligence company that helps other enterprises transform for the age of AI. We are applying AI to multiple industries, including manufacturing, agriculture and healthcare. This is a chance for you to get in on the ground floor of an exciting AI startup.
In this role, you will work alongside engineers to serve as a bridge between our team and our business partners to incubate, define and execute on engineering programs. As a Senior Technical Program Manager at Landing AI you will be responsible for working with product and engineering teams to deconstruct product requirements, generate technical deliverables, define engineering metrics, develop milestones and technical validation plans; and ensure flawless execution of the program. This is a highly technical position, so a strong engineering background and willingness to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty is a must.
Here’s what you will do:
- Work with the customers and business partners to understand and identify pain points and detailed scope of work based upon project requirements and technical feasibility
- Help develop and document system architectures and designs
- Develop validation and verification test plans, to ensure that the engineering deliverables meet both customer goals and internal specifications
- Conduct in-depth project management of engineering efforts, and ensure that technical deliverables fulfill requirements and are on schedule
- Make extensive use of task management tools to facilitate project management, track engineering and technical progress, and flag at-risk items in the overall project plan
- Deep-dive into technical items to aid engineering team in failure/root-cause analysis, end-to-end performance verification, and overall system integration
- Organize and guide numerous cross-functional teams (both inside and outside of the engineering org.) to ensure that all parties are in clear communication about requirements and execution plans/status
Here’s the background you must have:
- Strong customer relationship management background and ability to build rapport with customers and the engineering team
- 3+ years of direct program/project management experience, and an additional 2+ years in a strictly technical role
- Solid experience in Scrum/Agile Methodology.
- Solid engineering background, ideally working across a broad range of technologies and ability to think and communicate at a “system level”
- Demonstrated history of shipping high quality products in a competitive industry
- Ability to bridge the gap between high-level company goals and detailed engineering requirements/specifications
- Exceptional abilities in managing cross-functional teams, and driving them to converge around program goals, schedules and priorities.
- Strong documentation skills, preferably having significant experience with task management tools and having directly documented system requirements, architecture, and specifications.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
The following would also be helpful, but isn’t required:
- An engineering master's degree or equivalent and/or hands-on software engineering experience.
- Previous product management or software development experience in the ML/AI space.
- Proficiency in basic programming (Python, C++ etc.)
To be successful at Landing AI, you will have to fit well with our Landing AI Principles. Please take time to read and understand them as they define who we are and what we look for in our candidates.
This is a full-time position based in Medellin, Antioquia, Colombia