Director of Finance and Accounting
Palo Alto, CA /
Landing AI – Operations & HR /
Landing AI is a new artificial intelligence company that helps other enterprises transform for the age of AI. We apply AI to multiple industries, including manufacturing, agriculture and healthcare. This is a chance for you to get in on the ground floor of an exciting AI company.
Landing AI is looking for a Director of Finance and Accounting. In this role, we are looking for an experienced business leader to drive the finance and accounting function of the company. You will oversee and be responsible for all aspects of the financial operations and tax planning for our company.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Oversee and manage financial and internal control operations of our company, e.g. annual tax filing, revenue recognition, bookkeeping, 3rd party vendors management, business transactions, etc.
- Improve and streamline the financial process, e.g. establish a budgeting process
- Drive the financial planning and projection of the company by analyzing its performance and risks
- Prepare timely and detailed reports on financial performance on a quarterly and annual basis
- Conduct quarterly and annual financial assessments to make forecasts and report to upper executives
- Manage financial communications with investors, including preparing financial reports and assisting company leadership with developing financial plan for fundraising
- Work with the tax provider to develop the company’s international tax strategy, while ensure adherence to financial laws and guidelines
- Set targets for and supervise all accounting and finance personnel as well as provide training and mentorship;
Here’s the background we would like you to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field. Advanced degree is a plus.
- CPA or equivalent preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in accounting, corporate finance.
- In-depth knowledge of corporate finance and accounting principles, laws and best practices.
- Solid knowledge of financial analysis and forecasting as well as financial modeling.
- Solid knowledge of revenue recognition.
- Previous experience in leading an agile team.
- Previous experience in working at fast-paced startups.
- High standard of personal and professional integrity.
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to set and manage deadlines.
To be successful at Landing AI, you will have to fit well with our Landing AI Principles. Please take the time to read and understand them as they define who we are and what we look for in our candidates.
This is a full-time position based in the US and you can work remotely. You must already have, or be able to obtain, authorization to work in the United States.