Product Marketing Manager
North America /
Landing AI – Business /
Landing AI is looking for a strong Product Marketing Manager who’s eager to represent the voice of the customer internally. You will learn and understand the buyer’s journey better than anyone else in the company, and take the lead role in turning technology-focused features into benefit-driven manufacturing messages that permeate through all content, website and training materials. This role will report directly into the Head of Marketing, and requires strong cross-functional collaboration.
This is a strategic role shaping our product marketing vision and strategy, then turning that plan and those insights into high-impact, compelling content that speaks directly to our prospects. This role will guide the product content strategy for the marketing team, and provide value-driven content designed to drive potential customers through the funnel. This role will work closely with marketing, sales, product, and engineering, and will need to have a solid understanding of the market and competitive landscape, and how the Landing AI platform, LandingLens, fits into both. The ideal candidate will have a strong Product Marketing or content creation background, experience with Industries that have a prominent manufacturing footprint and their related processes, plus has a passion for ML/AI.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Research competitive offerings
- Market intelligence—understanding the buyer’s journey and buyer personas is critical to this role. You will be the expert on our buyers, who are they, how they buy, and their key buying criteria.
- Translate consumer needs into product requirements working with product management and engineering team.
- Develop and record go-to market product strategy Enhance product definition and positioning using competitive information, market and product analysis.
- Support sales and market through sales tools, training and market expertise to ensure their ability to effectively position and sell products.
- Facilitate market research approach, methodology and integration of findings into product marketing department driving organizations go-to-market approach.
- Develop a team of outsourced professionals allowing you to ideate and create innovative content.
- Search and screen new opportunity areas by analyzing company technology, customer requirements, workflows, market trends and competitive gaps.
- Develop and maintain relations with customers to understand their needs well.
- Translate customer needs into direction and features to ensure continuing product working with engineering and research.
- Merge data driven market understanding with customer feedback to prioritize go to market strategies.
- Speak and present about products to both external and internal audiences
It would be great if you:
- Understand the current machine vision landscape, ability to articulate our strengths and weaknesses in relation to the competition for positioning and messaging creation
- Define the content strategy for engaging with prospects in the Manufacturing space in all phases of their journey as they consider solutions to their current machine vision problems.
- Outline and write compelling content pieces that relate to our solution and would be seen as valuable educational pieces by our prospects.
- Extend your capabilities by forming a small team of outsourced resources as needed to facilitate the creation of content
- Partner with Sales to ensure you understand the journey from Lead to Opportunity and from Customer to Advocate so that you can support with the appropriate content.
- Work closely with the Demand Generation team to accelerate customer targeting and acquisition
- Be integral in establishing a thought leadership point of view and company brand
Here’s the background we would like you to have:
- 5+ years of product marketing experience with at least 2 years of experience in a market-facing role (e.g. delivering presentations to customers and prospects, conducting competitor analysis and market research)
- 5+ years experience selling to the manufacturing industry
- 2+ years experience with Machine Vision/Computer Vision
- Foundational understanding AI and Machine Learning
- Experience in product marketing, dealing specifically with product positioning, pricing, and packaging
- Analytic skills
- Leadership skills
- Excellent communication
- Must excel at writing for the end customer and have the ability to identify and secure external resources to scale
- Must be decisive and driven, and appreciate a collaborative start-up culture.