Factored- Senior Software Engineer
Medellín, Antioquia /
AI Fund – Factored /
Who We Are:
Factored (an AI Fund Portfolio company) was conceived in Palo Alto, California by Andrew Ng and a team of highly experienced AI researchers, educators, and engineers to help address the significant shortage of qualified AI & Machine-Learning engineers globally. We know that exceptional technical aptitude, intelligence, communication skills, and passion are equally distributed around the world, and we are very committed to testing, vetting, and nurturing the most talented engineers for our program and on behalf of our clients.
We seek ambitious and self-motivated Software Engineers to join our core engineering team to keep up with customer demand. The ideal teammate is an individual looking to take part in the deployment part of our ML Lifecycle developing SW/APIs to meet customers needs and help other talented Machine Learning Engineers develop production ready ML models.
What you will be doing:
- Working with Machine Learning Engineers and several clients to develop and maintain backend applications and handle 3rd party API backend integrations.
- Designing and coding highly-scalable machine learning models and the backend applications to deliver them to the final user.
- Make architectural contributions and decisions to improve the reliability of and maintainability of the clients codebase.
- Design and implement internal tools to improve and accelerate the ML Lifecycle process.
- Following agile processes with a focus on delivering production-ready testable code in small iterations.
What You Must Bring:
- 5+ years professional experience shipping production-ready code.
- Strong computer science foundations, including data structures & algorithms, OS, Computer Networks, databases.
- Experience with Relational or Non relational Database Engines such as PostgreSQL, SQLite , MongoDB.
- Expertise with version control systems, such as Git.
- Excellent english communication skills and the ability to have in-depth technical discussions with both the engineering team and business people.
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux systems.
- Experience/Exposure with Amazon AWS and containerization technologies.
- Experience with Agile development .
- Self-starter and comfort working in an early-stage environment.
- Proven track record of collaboration with a variety of decision-makers to drive impact.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience shipping Machine Learning products.
- Experience/Familiarity with single page applications (React, Angular or Vue).
- Experience working with startups from an early stage.
- Experience with ETL pipelines and technologies, such as: Apache Airflow and similar.
- Basic understanding of Machine Learning models.
- Demonstrated knowledge of distributed computing frameworks such as Apache Spark.
- Demonstrated experience with distributed database systems.
- BSc in Computer Science, Mathematics or similar field; Master’s or PhD degree is a plus.
- Passion for AI/ML applications: we are excited to make an impact by bringing AI use in industry to the next level, and we hope you share our passion.
- Accountability: an obligation or willingness to accept responsibility or to account for one's actions while doing so with the highest regard for integrity.
- Leadership: able to influence others to follow you and lead the team to a brighter future.
- Grit. able to stick with projects and work hard through good and bad times. High pain tolerance and can perform well under stress or pressure.
- Scrappy: Takes initiative and proactively gets things done with low resources, but doing creative things, begging, borrowing, and whatever is needed in an ambiguous environment or situation.
- Ownership orientation: Demonstrated orientation of extreme ownership over all aspects of the company and extremely results-driven in nature.
At Factored, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. AI Fund believes that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Selection for employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.