Prisa - Machine Learning Bootcamp for Engineers and Data Scientists
San Juan, Puerto Rico
The Machine Learning Bootcamp is a training program for engineers and data scientists seeking to become machine learning engineers. It is a six month, full time residential program in San Juan, led by top machine learning practitioners from Silicon Valley. By the end of the program, participants should have the skills necessary for a job as a junior machine learning engineer.
The curriculum mixes lectures, workshops, and Machine Learning Projects to make sure lessons are learned and applied by each participant. There will also be directed office hours to make sure each participant can keep up with the material.
What will I learn?
- The steps of an end-to-end machine learning project. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Conducting a structured and deep literature review of a specific field.
- Strategizing your machine learning project end-to-end.Collecting, cleaning, labeling, and augmenting your own dataset.Training a model for a real-world application.
- Setting-up an efficient and organized experimentation process.
- Defining task-specific metrics to optimize in your experiments.
- Performing error analysis to improve your models.
- Deploying an AI product.Exposure to real-world problems that multiple AI teams in our community work on.
What can I expect?
- Hands-on experience in designing, building, and deploying end-to-end AI solutions through curated content and instructor-led workshops.
- Career mentorship and connections with teams aligned with your career aspirations.
- Meeting and share experiences with other engineers and data scientists.
- A very rigorous, full time program that moves at a face pace
Who should apply for the bootcamp?
- Engineers and Data Scientists who have had at least 2 years experience in their respective fields and a basic grounding in coding from on the job experience. The most successful candidates will have experience with the following.
- Demonstrated strong coding from previous work experience or publications.
- This means you’re able to write a non-trivial program in Python, Java, or C++.Solid CS foundation (including but not limited to Operating Systems, Computer Networks, Database, etc.)
When is the bootcamp?
- It starts in fall 2019 and runs for six months.
- The Bootcamp is full-time and in-person. No remote option is available at this time.
Where is the bootcamp?
- The AI Bootcamp is based in San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Anyone with U.S. work authorization may participate if selected.