Senior Data Scientist
Multiple Cities /
Landing AI – Engineering /
Landing AI, an Artificial Intelligence company founded by Andrew Ng, will help enterprises transform for the age of AI. This is a chance for you to get in on the ground floor of an exciting AI company. We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist who will work with our enterprise customers along with our engineer and business team to generate insights from analyzing industrial process related data. We expect you to have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working collaboratively to improve business outcomes.
Here’s what you will do:
- Work with customers to identify opportunities by asking the right questions to begin the discovery process
- Acquire, process, integrate and clean data through scalable methods and develop automation frameworks for the same that can be productized
- Data investigation and exploratory analysis to understand customer applications to develop right algorithms and success criteria and testing methodologies
- Apply DS techniques, such as statistical modeling, machine learning and AI.
- Ability to understand deep data relationships using date network / connection techniques using graph, no-SQL and SQL databases
- Build testing frameworks and methodologies to measure and improve performance results of various algorithms and ML models
- Ability to use all the above to solve problems for customers by measuring results, making adjustments with feedback
Here’s the background we’d like you to have:
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant experience with projects that are launched into production.
- Strong development experience using statistical computer languages (Python, Java, R, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience in identifying data patterns with a sense of pattern detection and anomaly detection delivering sophisticated results
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (such as clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Experience with writing programs analyze large complex datasets to uncover complex problems
- Curiosity to dive deep into the problems to look beyond on the surface problems to discover patterns and solutions within the data.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- Drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- An ability to serve as tech lead and guide the work of more junior scientists/engineers Experience in working with any graph databases is a plus.
- Experience with data modeling tools and techniques is a plus.
- B2C experience
To be successful at Landing AI, you will have to fit well with our Landing AI Principles. Please take the time to read and understand them as they define who we are and what we look for in our candidates.
Although we are headquartered in Palo Alto, we are open to remote workers as long as they are within a 4 to 5 time zone difference to California (PDT / GMT -7).