Development – Front End Development /
What started as the result of a hackathon in 2014 is now the world’s #1 Instagram marketing platform. Later was built on the idea that social media management should be easy, quick, and affordable. Six years and hundred thousand users later, we’re still going strong.
We’re looking for people who can help us build something great for our customers—from content writers, designers to developers. So if you’re the kind of person who really cares about making something meaningful, then keep reading.
Our core cultural values are manifested in our practices and processes every day. We highly value transparency and fairness in everything we do. We look for people who like to move quickly, are ambitious yet humble and have a great sense of humour. If you have a mischievous spark of fun, that’s even better.
About this Role
We are a team of collaborative software developers who want to make a real difference for our user base of hundreds of thousands of small businesses. We believe in documentation, test-driven development, continuous integration, one-click deployments, and meaningful code reviews. All code written at Later is impactful and is pushed out multiple times a day.
The role requires someone who is detail oriented, possesses excellent time management skills and can juggle multiple projects at once. We are looking for someone with strong technical skills, an excellent communicator with a desire to work in a fast-paced environment and who has the ability to prioritize work to ensure that deadlines are met.
Technical Skills you Need:
- Significant experience with EmberJS or other client-side frameworks (Angular, React, Vue)
- Knowledge of API design, event-handling in the browser and modern asynchronous programming
- Write clean, maintainable, testable code
- A desire to mentor junior developers
- Ability to perform code reviews, create detailed plans and willingness to work collaboratively with a development team.
- Excellent technical, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience required.
- 3+ years of development experience
- Entrepreneurial by nature, you excel in a fast-paced, agile environment where critical thinking and strong problem solving skills are a given
- Tech startup industry is where you want to be. You thrive on the cutting edge and get excited to learn more, push boundaries and innovate every day.
- Bonus: Knowledge of Ruby on Rails (it’s our backend)
- Bonus: An avid Instagrammer who loves photos and pictures
- $94,000 - $104,000 CAD
A generous Education & Conference Budget
Health Savings Plan
Flexible Hours & Work Schedule
Annual Company Retreat
Vacation & Sick Days
Bright, spacious, and modern office, 5 rooftop patios with amazing city views
People & Places (HR), Product, and Development roles are based out of our Vancouver headquarters. If you are not located in Vancouver, but interested in relocating for the role let us know!
Whereas, roles on our Marketing and Customer Experience teams are open to remote candidates based out of Toronto and London, UK, in addition to working out of our Vancouver headquarters.
Note about applying:
This is the best place to submit your application for it to be reviewed by our team. Later does not work with recruitment agencies to fill open positions. We will not be accepting requests to work with agencies.