Product – Product /
What started as the result of a hackathon in 2014 is now the world’s #1 Instagram marketing platform. Later was built on the idea that social media management should be easy, quick, and affordable. Six years and hundred thousand users later, we’re still going strong.
We’re looking for people who can help us build something great for our customers—from content writers, designers to developers. So if you’re the kind of person who really cares about making something meaningful, then keep reading.
Our core cultural values are manifested in our practices and processes every day. We highly value transparency and fairness in everything we do. We look for people who like to move quickly, are ambitious yet humble and have a great sense of humour. If you have a mischievous spark of fun, that’s even better.
What you will be doing:
We are looking for an experienced Product Owner/Manager who loves building products that will be used by hundreds of thousands of businesses every day. You will be integrally involved in the entire product cycle - working with research, UX, design, development, customer experience, and marketing teams to design, build, and launch new products, features, and improvements in a demanding, rapid development environment. This particular role will begin focussed on maximizing our existing functionality and integrating it with third-parties, before moving on to other areas over time.
You are self-motivated, highly-organized, analytical, and persuasive, with the ability to work in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous work environment.
- Help define the short and long-term roadmap for our products, new features, and improvements
- Competitive Research: analyze and track competitors, and stay on top of industry and market trends.
- Requirements & Specifications: gather and document requirements from both external and internal sources, and convert into high-level and detailed feature specifications.
- Project Management: Plan, prioritize, and schedule deliverables and task breakdowns, and drive cross-team implementation to meet schedules.
- User Research: Working with our user research team, gather feedback and input from our user base.
- UX: Work with UX team on building product flows, high-level product design, and Information Architecture
- Analysis: Define, evaluate, and improve key usage metrics. Must be comfortable with data, models, and statistics
Need to Haves:
- Demonstrated 3+ years' experience as a Product Owner/Manager, shipping web or mobile based software
- Technical background or a strong familiarity with software engineering - degree in Computer Science / Engineering preferred
- Demonstrated experience using data analytics, web analytics, A/B testing, and other quantitative techniques to evaluate and guide product decisions
- Excellent communication and presentation skills that allow you to clearly communicate to both external users, and internal team members
- Entrepreneurial by nature, you excel in a fast-paced, agile environment where critical thinking and strong problem solving skills are a given
- The tech startup industry is where you want to be. You thrive on the cutting edge and get excited to learn more, push boundaries and innovate every day
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with E-commerce, especially for SMBs, is a bonus
- Enthusiasm for visual storytelling
- $88,500 - 99,500
A generous Education & Conference Budget
Health Savings Plan
Flexible Hours & Work Schedule
Annual Company Retreat
Vacation & Sick Days
Bright, spacious, and modern office, 5 rooftop patios with amazing city views
People & Places (HR), Product, and Development roles are based out of our Vancouver headquarters. If you are not located in Vancouver, but interested in relocating for the role let us know!
Whereas, roles on our Marketing and Customer Experience teams are open to remote candidates based out of Toronto and London, UK, in addition to working out of our Vancouver headquarters.
Note about applying:
This is the best place to submit your application for it to be reviewed by our team. Later does not work with recruitment agencies to fill open positions. We will not be accepting requests to work with agencies.