Director of Security
Software powers the world, and LaunchDarkly empowers all teams to deliver and control their software. We serve hundreds of billions of feature flags daily, to help teams ship better software, faster and eliminate risk for companies big and small.
We're based in downtown Oakland and growing quickly. As we scale, we're building out our security team, whose mission is to ensure the safety of our customers' data. From the outset, we've made security, privacy and compliance a high priority at LaunchDarkly-- but we're looking to hire a Director of Security to drive our practices to the next level. This director will build a team owning initiatives like governance, risk, compliance, and application security engineering.
- Work with engineering and other teams to help us build secure infrastructure and products
- Own our compliance efforts-- we're currently SOC2 Type 2 and ISO27001 compliant, and continuing to pursue additional compliance standards.
- Ensure we're following best practices and legal requirements (GDPR, CCPA) for data privacy
- Define the strategy, direction, and investment of the security team at LaunchDarkly
- Hire, mentor and coach team members to create a healthy, empowered team
- Improve our incident management processes around security
- Drive processes like penetration testing, bug bounties, and more
- Work with our revenue team to streamline and scale the process around processing security addendums, questionnaires, and Data Processing Agreements
- You've managed a high-functioning security team before
- You're comfortable working with a team of technical security-focused DevOps engineers
- You are excited to own the application engineering aspects of security, as well as company-wide security initiatives like compliance, risk, and privacy
- You thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
LaunchDarkly is a Feature Management Platform that serves hundreds of billions of feature flags daily to help software teams build better software, faster. Feature flagging is an industry standard methodology of wrapping a new or risky section of code or infrastructure change with a flag. Each flag can easily be turned off independent of code deployment (aka "dark launching"). LaunchDarkly has SDKs for all major web and mobile platforms. We are building a diverse team so that we can offer robust products and services. Our team culture is dynamic, friendly, and supportive. Our headquarters are in Oakland.
At LaunchDarkly, we believe in the power of teams. We're building a team that is humble, open, collaborative, respectful and kind. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We've partnered with KeyValues to help demonstrate the amazing culture we've built here at LaunchDarkly, find more info at https://www.keyvalues.com/launchdarkly
Full Medical, Dental & Vision insurance
Flexible schedule & work environment
Healthy lunches & snacks every day.
Conference & meetups as an opportunity for everyone.
A yearly education stipend for conferences and classes on your own.
A budget to personalize your work station.
A location in downtown Oakland, just steps from public transportation
Commuter benefits and bike parking