Software Engineer Frontend
Oakland, CA /
We're looking for a passionate, product-focused frontend engineer to help us build high-impact, well-performing user experiences for our core product. You'll use modern front-end technologies to deliver performant, modular, and maintainable front-end code. We're looking for someone who thrives on putting new features in front of customers and takes pride in the quality of their work.
The core technologies we use daily include React, Redux, Typescript, Golang, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Redis, HAProxy, and NATS.
Software powers the world, and LaunchDarkly empowers all teams to deliver and control the best software. We serve hundreds of billions of feature flags daily, to help teams ship better software, faster and eliminate risk for companies big and small.
We're based in downtown Oakland and growing quickly. You'll help us tackle some of the most challenging engineering problems around, like delivering feature flags to hundreds of millions of users all over the world in milliseconds.
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, and other engineers to drive the implementation and release of major features
- Monitor and improve client-side performance
- Write well-tested and well-organized production-quality code, with an emphasis on maintainability
- Identify areas of improvement and advocate for front-end best practices
- Have an active voice in shaping both technology and product decisions
- Fluency in HTML, CSS, and related web technologies
- Strong UX and design sensibilities, and a desire to sweat the small stuff
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, a positive attitude, and empathy
- Experience building and shipping complex, single-page applications
LaunchDarkly is a Feature Management Platform that serves hundreds of billions of feature flags daily to help software teams build better software, faster. Feature flagging is an industry standard methodology of wrapping a new or risky section of code or infrastructure change with a flag. Each flag can easily be turned off independent of code deployment (aka "dark launching"). LaunchDarkly has SDKs for all major web and mobile platforms. We are building a diverse team so that we can offer robust products and services. Our team culture is dynamic, friendly, and supportive. Our headquarters are in Oakland.
At LaunchDarkly, we believe in the power of teams. We're building a team that is humble, open, collaborative, respectful and kind. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We've partnered with KeyValues to help demonstrate the amazing culture we've built here at LaunchDarkly, find more info at https://www.keyvalues.com/launchdarkly